Random trivia

Deano said:
The Holocaust?

Nope.
Perun said:
Did George have anything named after him? I'm thinking about the usual, like streets, monuments, aircraft carriers, cities, states...

Hmm.  The best way to answer this is that George shares his name with part of the thing I have in mind.

Could these be paintings that fell during some event, and the painting that depicts 'George' is the one that landed last?  Maybe the part of all being on one side refers to the place hung, or something to that affect?  Maybe the fighting was for space on the wall or display?

If saints, something at the Vatican?

Is it the Great British Flag? Scottish colours are bottom, Ireland arent anywhere to be seen  :innocent: and the red cross at the top?

Presumably the Union Jack, and the flags of Scotland, [Northern] Ireland and England (St. Andrew's Cross, St. Patrick's Cross and St. George's Cross).
Eclipse said:
Is it the Great British Flag? Scottish colours are bottom, Ireland arent anywhere to be seen  :innocent: and the red cross at the top?
The Irish flag is the diagonal red cross.

Deano said:
That's what I was going for. LC giving the big "NO" on the original Britain answer threw me though.

It is the Union Jack.  It is not "Britain".  It's "The United Kingdom" :P

Eclipse said:
we call it Great Britain here  :)

I win  :innocent:

But the name Great Britain refers only to the island that has England, Scotland and Wales on it. That's why the full official name of the country is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

I.
Win.
:P

Back