Random trivia

I see. Perhaps more importantly Perun; why do most of the Germans I have ever met not like The Scorpions?

Good question. In fact, I read a news magazine article recently that reported they are selling out huge venues everywhere, and their albums keep storming the charts everywhere - except Germany.
I'm personally not a huge fan, but I still like them.

I guess most of the Germans I have had the pleasure of meeting are soldiers and thus are as different from the rest of the German population as American soldiers are from our GP. The Scorpions, I think, may be a little too tame for their tastes. I really like them, and they have been putting out good albums for quite some time. You think they would have run their course but they definitely have not.

I'm neutral as far as the Scorpions are concerned, but with respect to the laws of heraldry....the information that would have solved the puzzle was stored away in a dusty part of my brain that I haven't been to in years...the mere fact that it exists was only brought to my attention by Perun finally revealing the answer.....foolishly I failed to connect the rules of heraldry with national flags.....

So Perun....the puzzle was unsolved....you must tease us again......and this time I can only hope that the answer lies in a slightly more often used part of my mind.  Stay in the shallow end.

Although everyone is free to pose a new question, I take that as a public desire for more of mine. ;)

h2_38.180.jpg

King David

alexanderthegreat.jpe

Alexander the Great

caesar.jpg

Julius Caesar

453px-Karl_der_gro%C3%9Fe.jpg

Charlemagne

These four gentlemen are more present in our everyday lives than we might think. How so?

Perun said:
These four gentlemen are more present in our everyday lives than we might think. How so?
I take it that each historic figure is present in our everyday lives for different reasons? If so:

Julius Caesar was, mistakenly, thought to have been born by what is now known as caesarean section. Whether he was or not, his name has been given to this method of childbirth.

Not sure on the rest. :D

Albie said:
I take it that each historic figure is present in our everyday lives for different reasons?

Nope, actually, it's almost exactly the same thing in each case.

Another stab then (and this is a very wild stab in the dark), they are all have their face printed on some form of currency - somewhere.

Albie said:
Another stab then (and this is a very wild stab in the dark), they are all have their face printed on some form of currency - somewhere.

You're getting warmer.

All four of them standarized the sizes of our currency, which I have noticed is rather similar everywhere?

Also, I sleep with busts of famous figures every night, so maybe that's it?

LooseCannon said:
All four of them standarized the sizes of our currency, which I have noticed is rather similar everywhere?

No.

Also, I sleep with busts of famous figures every night, so maybe that's it?

You are disgusting.

Here's a couple of hints:

-They were not chosen by me at random
-There is no other personality who fits- it's these four, and only these four
-This man might know:

475964118_b9479832a7.jpg

Ok, I figured it out, but how do the rules work here?  I had to do some research, so does that count?  I wanna check before I post.

I wouldn't say research per se is banned. I remember having researched quite a few answers myself- especially to Duke's questions. I'd say it's only cheating if you Googled a quote used in a question or picture tags... but if the research is your own work, why not?

Ok, then here is my answer:  Each of those listed are one of the kings in the deck of cards-- which is why Lemmy knows, he saw who was on the Ace of spades.

Spades: King David.

Clubs: Alexander The Great.

Hearts: Charlemagne.

Diamonds: Julius Cesar.

Back