Queensryche & Geoff Tate

I liked how it started, liked the couplet, and then the arrival of horror. Must confess that the Torre Queensryche has worse autotuning.

I liked how it started, liked the couplet, and then the arrival of horror. Must confess that the Torre Queensryche has worse autotuning.
There is a profound difference though. Tate's using it because he sings flat. La Torre used it as an effect (save for one actual pitch correction in a verse).

I would've liked to see Cold better arranged. Something is missing the chorus. I liked it though, it's a good song.

Yeah, I don't mind the song either. I'm not blown away, and I totally hear and agree with what's being criticized.
But I could totally see myself enjoying it as a deeper cut on a good album.
Unfortunately, I fully expect it to be one of the stronger tracks.

I have listened to FU (streamed at Soundcloud) and watched videos of GTQR. I've been, up until now, thinking that Tate simply doesn't care or put any effort in. That's probably though, just half the truth. I think he's damaged his voice (not to mention that he's so out of shape that his breathing is shot too). Severely. I think he sounded very good on the O:M2 tour, but has gone downhill since. The fall from the mid DTC-tour has been steep. He struggled before, but that was the major fall.

And more has been revealed today!
381570_297167527083073_1600948447_n.jpg

I'm confused. Is this the good or the evil Queensryche here?

The full album cover art and track listing have been revealed.
queensrycheself.jpg

01. X2
02. Where Dreams Go To Die
03. Spore
04. In This Light
05. Redemption
06. Vindication
07. Midnight Lullaby
08. A World Without
09. Don't Look Back
10. Fallout
11. Open Road

Some very interesting song titles for sure. I can't wait to hear this album!!!

New album is self titled and the artwork just features the logo.

Is anyone surprised? :yawn:
Well, it's the actual music that will really count. Also for me, the main thing in all of this is that QR finally got rid of tatertot who did a lot to damage their name and legacy and such and are now moving forward in a very good direction. It feels like we have the REAL QR back again and I'm just loving it!

Judging from the one song, it still sounds like a shell of the old Queensryche. Just without all that weird dance shit, Still no DeGarmo, none of the main songwriters, and a Tate clone. Meh.

Back