Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

I would like to have at least one very fast heavy song. I hate age-related clichés and those who think that older bands naturally write only slow songs should have to eat their words.

A medieval Eddie would be cool. Songs about religion, the crusades, the black death, Dante and other cool things lol

I said once after Book of Souls came out that I couldn't imagine them topping that album. I still think it's an amazing album. Then Senjutsu came out and is, to me, far superior as an album. For a band to keep topping itself like this is insane, yet they keep doing it, imo. Whatever they decided to do next, I am pumped as fuck to listen to it.

I said once after Book of Souls came out that I couldn't imagine them topping that album. I still think it's an amazing album. Then Senjutsu came out and is, to me, far superior as an album. For a band to keep topping itself like this is insane, yet they keep doing it, imo. Whatever they decided to do next, I am pumped as fuck to listen to it.
Disagree that they topped it, but I do think that the past two records have been consistently strong. Like they rebooted to a classic old age Iron Maiden sound with TBOS and are continuing forward with it for Senjutsu.

I could see them doing something medieval.
That would be cool. Medieval king or barbarian.
Or for final album have an actual Iron Maiden torture device on the back ground.
I've always thought over that.
Would it be original to have Eddie as a object again (like Powerslave, Brave New World Eddie)?
With their recent covers, I wouldn't say so.
"Less is more" would be a good theme.
Not for Maiden.

Atlantis concept album would be great.
Once I mentioned that Maiden should do Atlantis concept double album (vinyl double, just one CD) on this forum, people laughed. I still think that musically and lyricaly that could be great album, maybe one of Maiden's best. As far as Eddie and package design goes, Riggs should design everything, or maybe Akirant, or Riggs together with Akirant. I can imagine merchandise with Maiden's Atlantis theme.
The theme would suit Maiden perfectly imo, musically and lyrically. The merchandise would be awesome. As for the artist, Melvyn Grant or Akirant for me.

I'm still laughing. You're confusing Maiden with an Italian power metal band.

Portuguese, actually. Attick Demons (the band a lot of people repost as NEW MAIDEN!!!! cuz the singer sounds a bit like Bruce) titled their debut album Atlantis.

Portuguese, actually. Attick Demons (the band a lot of people repost as NEW MAIDEN!!!! cuz the singer sounds a bit like Bruce) titled their debut album Atlantis.

Okay fine, on a cursory search most bands with concept albums about Atlantis are from Brazil and Greece, two cases from Portugal, one case each from Switzerland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Russia, only two cases from Italy.

And yes, I am fully aware that my favourite band next to Maiden do songs about Atlantis, but it's very different from what is being proposed here.

While I'd love for multiple albums going forth (even if the band continued as a recording entity and retired from the road), I think we'll get one last one in 2025/early-2026. End of the world theme to it (call it 'Midnight', maybe?), tie it in to a hybrid farewell/album tour.

Only power metal bands should make songs on this theme? Maybe the Avalon theme too? Well, 2010 album! I think it suits Maiden, ''Babylon theme'' too.
End of the world theme to it
On this theme Eddie could be anyhting and it would be curious.
tie it in to a hybrid farewell/album tour.
This is a very possible idea.

Since Maiden's "themes" are usually very loose anyway, I'm not sure it matters. We'll still get a song about war, a tv-show/movie, a book, and some history stuff that may or may not be tied to the actual album theme.

Since Maiden's "themes" are usually very loose anyway, I'm not sure it matters. We'll still get a song about war, a tv-show/movie, a book, and some history stuff that may or may not be tied to the actual album theme.
Is there a song about a tv show or a movie in the reunion era?
I remember The Mercenary possibly being about Predator, but nothing besides that.

Man On The Silver Mountain, The Hall Of The Mountain King
KING UNDER THE MOUNTAIN :edmetal::ninja:

Last edited:
Only power metal bands should make songs on this theme? Maybe the Avalon theme too? Well, 2010 album! I think it suits Maiden, ''Babylon theme'' too.
Well, imo, Avalon theme is much much better than Atlantis. It is british. Checks knights, medieval, honor, mystic etc. boxes. I support this direction. This theme is a cousin to The Chemical Wedding. :D Remember Bruce's song Return of the King.
The_Death_of_King_Arthur_by_John_Garrick.jpg
Painting is called The Death of the King Arthur.

Back