Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

H is second most likely to participate on that project, because he also already recorded with an orchestra and is very methodical in his playing, which is required with the orchestra.
I think we've discussed this before? Adrian never played with an orchestra. He simply recorded that solo on the Rush cover. Yes/no?
I can't see Empire being performed without Bruce...
Plus, I'm not entirely sure that's what Foro meant.

I think we've discussed this before? Adrian never played with an orchestra. He simply recorded that solo on the Rush cover. Yes/no?

Plus, I'm not entirely sure that's what Foro meant.

He possibly didn't play with them. But there are parts of that Red Barchetta cover that show that H is more than capable of playing with an orchestra (doubling the guitar solo with them, I assume the orchestra recorded that part first).

Well, one reason is that the name "Bruce Dickinson" has an established marketing potential.

I'm apprehensive when it comes to a potential Maiden+orchestra performance. The idea of mixing metal and orchestra always sounds pretentious to me. But maybe I just haven't seen it done right yet.

The idea of not having all members performing this, or any other Maiden song (when most members do join) is not a good one IMO. I mean, I can't fathom why any of them would not like to join such a project. I can also not imagine someone in the band would not want everybody to perform.

I heard what Nicko said, but isn't he just showing how much he'd love to play it?

Well, one reason is that the name "Bruce Dickinson" has an established marketing potential.

I'm apprehensive when it comes to a potential Maiden+orchestra performance. The idea of mixing metal and orchestra always sounds pretentious to me. But maybe I just haven't seen it done right yet.

Everything from Maiden that has a synth on it can be orchestrated (all the albums from SIT on) in a good way. E.g. Moonchild would be amazing if the orchestration is good.

The idea of not having all members performing is not a good one imo. I mean, I can't fathom why any of them would not like to join such a project. I can also not imagine someone in the band would not want everybody to perform.

I heard what Nicko said, but isn't he just showing how much he'd love to play it?

Nicko said that he wants all of the members of IM to perform. But if somebody doesn't want to he would still do it.

Nicko wants to:
a) Perform Empire
b)Perform with orchestra

The only one who is less likely to do it is Steve. Maybe a thing like that is not part of a plan that he envisioned. Performing shouldn't be a problem. They introduced visual click last year for almost all songs (tempos are constant) and they don't improvise besides the solos.

I'm not sure how Steve isn't likely to do it. Has he mentioned not wanting to perform with an orchestra?

I'm not sure how Steve isn't likely to do it. Has he mentioned not wanting to perform with an orchestra?
I'm not saying he's not likely to do it. I'm just saying that he is the least likely :p.

I made that assumption, because he likes to change tempos mid song (goes to Nicko and tells him to play faster). Also I don't know what is Steve's vision with Maiden now.

Yeah I agree. Maiden England tour with ATSS, FOTD, Revelations, Wrathchild, Phantom? Where was Still Life, Die with Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams? I assumed the tour would stick to the 88/89 set list. Then to top it off most of the songs were played on the Somewhere Back In Time tour. Did the plan the former tour? If they did why didn't focus more on Powerslave and Somewhere In Time albums and focus on Seventh Son on the maiden England tour? I love maiden but some of their set list choices are bizarre to say the least. There are so many live dvd and albums that even the new generation of fans don't need to here the Trooper on every tour ! I don't buy into that Bruce couldn't sing some of the over locked classics. His voice soundef good to me last month and some of TBOS songs seem as challenging as ever. I'm no vocal expert though.

Everything from Maiden that has a synth on it can be orchestrated (all the albums from SIT on) in a good way. E.g. Moonchild would be amazing if the orchestration is good.
Yeah, such arrangements can be made, but it doesn't mean they should be (IMO) ;) There are songs in which synthesizers do a much better job than a live orchestra would. That's definitely the case for SiT and SSoaSS.

I guess I'd rather see a performance in which the orchestra is the main thing and guitars, drums etc. are only subtle additions. Or maybe even orchestra alone. Full band + full orchestra (aka Maiden goes Nightwish): no thanks.

Someone like John Zorn, who lives in both worlds, could specifically write a piece for metal guys and orchestra, and that could be 'on the edge'.
I didn't know I wanted this until now.

I don't think I'd call an orchestral Maiden show "embarrassing" but they almost always turn out to be fairly pointless. The band drowns out the orchestra and the orchestra does little more than embellish chords and play synth strings (which are also rarely interesting parts, I could do without Maiden's use of them).

Not a whole album about that theme (because it will be a concept album), but I really want Maiden to write a song about Atlantis - curious theme (perfect for a heavy metal song imo)... imagine this song is the title track....(Eddie in Atlantis as an album cover). :notworthy:

Other theme I'd like to add is - knights (again, the album cover would look great).

Not a whole album about that theme (because it will be a concept album), but I really want Maiden to write a song about Atlantis - curious theme (perfect for a heavy metal song imo)... imagine this song is the title track....(Eddie in Atlantis as an album cover). :notworthy:

Other theme I'd like to add is - knights (again, the album cover would look great).
Love the idea about both themes.
Imagine the chorus
Atlaaantiiis...lost into the seas of time
Atlaaantiiis...can't you hear the bells chime

Now Eddie a a knight of the round table would be really great. As a concept this would be even better.
Caaamelooot...it´s the castle of the knights
Caaameloot...their armour´s shining bright
Laaanceloot...he´s the greatest of them all
Laaanceloot...he´s in the castle´s hall

Back