Prediction: Does Maiden do one more album? And what's the theme if so?

Theme about Valhalla is often used in heavy metal songs (Priest, Manowar, Grave Digger.. etc).

Maiden (so far) have not written a song on this theme. Only the lyrics in ''The Longest Day'' mentioned Valhalla.

The obvious best choice is a concept album about The Witcher.

1. The Trial of the Grasses
2. The Child Surprise
3. The Coup
4. Castle by the Sea
5. The Lion’s Roar
6. Swallow
7. Blood on the Ice
8. The White Wolf
9. Drifting in the Mists

What theme do you want Maiden's next album to have? I don't think it's necessary to make another thread for this question.

After Senjutsu, I don't think they'll make a cover with Eddie as a warrior again, so a ''knight theme'' for example is unlikely, although it would make a great cover and I like the theme.

I personally want a ''sea theme'' - about Atlantis, Eddie as a sea creature or ruler. I'm a big fan of this theme and I think it's perfect for heavy metal. It would certainly make a great (full of details) cover, and that seems to be the reason why they chose ''Senjutsu'' as a title track. I don't think we will get a 3rd cover in a row without details and with dark background too (I expect light colours). So many new and not so popular bands have great and full of details album covers nowadays (it was different in the 80's), so I don't know why Maiden(!) decided to make their covers without details.

Another theme I can think of right now and it's totally different for Maiden is something ''spiritual''?

Yes, I think they aim to do at least one more album, possibly more.

As for themes, I've almost certainly said this elsewhere in this thread, but although I do think it's possible to shoehorn latter day Maiden albums into a theme - possibly from as early as SIT, actually - the artwork is usually just artwork with a nod or two to it in a couple of the tracks. I could well imagine them going for a similar style to the artwork of TBOS and Senjutsu, but can't think what the Eddie theme would be. It would likely depend what sort of mood they're in when they write whatever is then selected to be the title track.

Yes, I think they aim to do at least one more album, possibly more.
I agree.
I could well imagine them going for a similar style to the artwork of TBOS and Senjutsu,
Since they won't use Mark Wilkinson again for the cover, I think maybe it could be different. I hope so. If not, then I'd like to have the ''real album cover'' with details in the booklet, like for the last 2 albums.

What theme do you want Maiden's next album to have? I don't think it's necessary to make another thread for this question.

After Senjutsu, I don't think they'll make a cover with Eddie as a warrior again, so a ''knight theme'' for example is unlikely, although it would make a great cover and I like the theme.

I personally want a ''sea theme'' - about Atlantis, Eddie as a sea creature or ruler. I'm a big fan of this theme and I think it's perfect for heavy metal. It would certainly make a great (full of details) cover, and that seems to be the reason why they chose ''Senjutsu'' as a title track. I don't think we will get a 3rd cover in a row without details and with dark background too (I expect light colours). So many new and not so popular bands have great and full of details album covers nowadays (it was different in the 80's), so I don't know why Maiden(!) decided to make their covers without details.

Another theme I can think of right now and it's totally different for Maiden is something ''spiritual''?
Once I mentioned that Maiden should do Atlantis concept double album (vinyl double, just one CD) on this forum, people laughed. I still think that musically and lyricaly that could be great album, maybe one of Maiden's best. As far as Eddie and package design goes, Riggs should design everything, or maybe Akirant, or Riggs together with Akirant. I can imagine merchandise with Maiden's Atlantis theme.

I still think that musically and lyricaly that could be great album, maybe one of Maiden's best. As far as Eddie and package design goes, Riggs should design everything, or maybe Akirant, or Riggs together with Akirant. I can imagine merchandise with Maiden's Atlantis theme.
The theme would suit Maiden perfectly imo, musically and lyrically. The merchandise would be awesome. As for the artist, Melvyn Grant or Akirant for me.

I would hate for maiden to theme a whole album around Atlantis, or even use a sea theme. The odd track like Rime works ok but not an album or a title track.

To me it would see maiden steer into the realm of cheesy power metal.

I could see them doing something medieval. Not a concept album but maybe one track that becomes the title track. That would fit maidens normal way of writing about historical characters and events.

I'd like very much if they would do some Lovecraft inspired song. At the Mountains of Madness.... how cool is that. Powerslave and Rime fits in this category. Also, some funny song or two about Pratchett's Discworld or one of the characters. Sam Vimes, Death, Witches, City Watch - NIGHT WATCH.. Lem's Solaris, Gaiman's American Gods, and Tolkien's Silmarillion (in the vein of Powerslave and Rime)
Also Coetzee's Waiting for Barbarians, Buzatti's The Tartar Steppe are very good books, fits Maiden realm.

Btw, I think Atlantis is so overused and unoriginal. Meh.

It would be interesting to see what kind of Eddie there is to depict?
Maybe some kind of mountain climbing Eddie that they haven't done. I would also like to see philisopher Eddie with scrolls or sands of time theme.
Or for final album have an actual Iron Maiden torture device on the back ground.
Would it be original to have Eddie as a object again (like Powerslave, Brave New World Eddie)?

Back