Other's Maiden Blasphemy?

Jupz said:
I registered on that site once. It was too horrible so I never came back. I remember one was doing a Maiden countdown and he had Paschendale at like #65 and he said this is my favourite reunion era track :eek:

I can think of close to 65 Maiden songs that I like better than Paschendale! I actually have it at 72nd. (Maybe I should be posting this in the other blasphemy conversation!)

I don't have a list but I'm sure that Paschendale is not in my Top 50... It's a good song, but kinda messy...

Its not that, but the fact that his favourite reunion era track was only ranked at 65... :(

I have 21 :)

I imagine if they release 1-2 more albums, the reunion era stuff will outnumber the other stuff.

I need to make time to rank all my Maiden songs, I all ready have my top ten.

1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. Hallowed be thy Name
3. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4. Caught Somewhere in Time
5. Dance of Death
6. Lord of the Flies
7. Wasted Years
8. Strange World
9. Out of the Silent Planet
10. Powerslave

Jupz said:
I have 21 :)

I imagine if they release 1-2 more albums, the reunion era stuff will outnumber the other stuff.

That might happen, but I dont know...

Interesting top 10 DJ, I'm most surprised by LOTF & SW, which I like both.

I don't have my list, but LOTF is around my top 50, and SW is my top 25.

It's my second favorite too. (no not behind POTO :D) I don't have a top ten but these three songs would be in the top 3:

Paschendale
Isle of Avalon
Sign of the Cross

Mosh said:
It's my second favorite too. (no not behind POTO :D) I don't have a top ten but these three songs would be in the top 3:

Paschendale
Isle of Avalon
Sign of the Cross

Yeah, I need to re-listen to sign of the cross again.

Yes you do. Listen to the RNR version. It's the best.

Wow, just got done ranking all my Maiden songs. Might post it, but it'd be one hell of a post.

Time to listen SotC

Night Prowler said:
I don't have a list but I'm sure that Paschendale is not in my Top 50... It's a good song, but kinda messy...

I love Passschendale, but it's not in my top 10 either (I like it a lot more now than I did when I first heard it). However, this is the BEST description of the song I've ever heard. "kinda messy." Braaaaaaaaaaa-VO.

The instrumental part is the best, IMO.

My top 10 (if I can remember right):

1. Phantom Of The Opera
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. Paschendale
4. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
5. When The Wild Wind Blows
6. The Longest Day
7. Isle Of Avalon
8. The Talisman
9. Starblind
10. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

6 out of 10 songs are reunion material.

The top 5 I'm sure about, the rest will most likely change.

QUOTE (MaidenNorway @ Aug 19 2010, 01:08 PM)
We doing post-reunion album ratings?

BNW - Overall a very good album, but the shittiness of Ghost of the Navigator, The Fallen Angel and The Mercenary robs it of 0.5 points, so it's not a straight 9, but a respectable 8.5/10

DoD - Yet another overall good album. Not quite as good as BNW was, but a solid effort. A couple of fillers, but nothing as offensively terrible as those three BNW songs mentioned above. A solid 8/10

AMoLaD - I like Different World, and For the Greater Good of God is passable, so it's not all awful. But hadn't it been for those two songs, it would've been a straight 0/10 and the band getting a 'see me after class' note. It's pretty much the worst album they've released to date, so it's a 2/10.

TFF - A major step up from the previous shitfest of an album. Some of the songs still suffer from being a bit too long, but it's not as bad as it was on AMoLaD, with songs that drone on and on and on for what seems like an eternity, without nothing ever happening. A good album, so it gets a 7/10

You are an idiot, methinks :think:

I agree that The Mercenary is a shitfest, but the rest of BNW is incredibly solid, not to mention the superb production - crystal clear sound.

DOD has the HORRIBLE lyrics of Wildest Dreams and, even worse, Age Of Innocence :puke:
Not to mention Bruce's overstretched vocals in the chorus of Fist In The Ass :puke:
Overall it's still a kick ass record though :think:

You like Different World and its gay chorus? :lol: :puke:

And let me not even start on TFF :puke:

I still love you though :lovedup:
This is the attitude I hate seeing.

Back