Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: London 5th July 2008 Only UK gig

VodaWolph said:
Iron Maiden will be playing their first ever stadium show in the UK at  the Twickenham Rugby Stadium in London on Saturday 5th July 2008 as part of their Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008.

Hmm maybe other people have noticed, and even discussed it (and I'm blind) but this is not Maiden's first ever stadium show in the UK. Maiden played Wembley (No Prayer On The Road), and as far as I know, Wembley is a stadium and in the UK right? Sad to see that Maiden doesn't know their own history anymore.

@Perun: night footage, unfortunately it's not easy to hear what is said, also due to the burping of someone. :)

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

Maiden played Wembley arena on the No Prayer On the Road Tour which is an indoor arena, think it's used as a conference centre and for trade shows, events like that as well as gigs. The arena is part of the overall Wembley complex and is across the road from the Wembley soccer stadium used by the English soccer team.

Thanks for the explanation. Never knew about that!  :blush:

Yeah - just heard the rumour of:
31/07/2008 Bratislava @ Inter-Bratislava FC Stadum, SVK

this is only 100 km from Vienna!!!!!  :yey:

Maidenaustria said:
Yeah - just heard the rumour of:
31/07/2008 Bratislava @ Inter-Bratislava FC Stadum, SVK

this is only 100 km from Vienna!!!!!  :yey:

Cool. :)

This is the stadium.

bratislava_pasienky1.jpg

I just love times like this when rumoures about new gigs pop up everywhere. :D :D

Forostar said:
Hmm maybe other people have noticed, and even discussed it (and I'm blind) but this is not Maiden's first ever stadium show in the UK. Maiden played Wembley (No Prayer On The Road), and as far as I know, Wembley is a stadium and in the UK right?
It was, as pointed out, the Wembley Arena (not the stadium) and I was there, well at least for one of the nights. I am 99% certain they filmed the "Bring Your Daughter" video at that (and the other nights) gig. The reason for this suggestion is they had the cameras there and Bruce explained they were for a video.

Ah well, it's my lack of English or the use of Dutch. Always thought arena and stadium meant the same, e.g. the Ameterdam Arena.

this is the "Park des Princes", stadium -45.000

I saw Maiden there, and it was sold out

medium_france_psg.jpg

Forostar said:
Ah well, it's my lack of English or the use of Dutch. Always thought arena and stadium meant the same, e.g. the Ameterdam Arena.

To me stadium was always outdoor for football or athletic sports. While Arena was indoor for hockey, basketball and sports like that. :)

I might be wrong.  :smartarse:

Hasse78 said:
To me stadium was always outdoor for football or athletic sports. While Arena was indoor for hockey, basketball and sports like that. :)

I might be wrong.  :smartarse:

The Amsterdam Arena is outdoor, but the roof can be closed and then it's indoor.

Perun said:
You can definitely see my head -and those of two other people you might know- in this one.
Damn, what a great trip it was...
I most certainly do recognise a couple of faces in that one. :D

This is where I saw them  http://www.nkolimpija.com/images/stadio.jpg

I don`t know how to post pictures so I gave you the link above. It`s the Bezigrad stadium in Ljubljana, pretty small, wasn`t sold-out, but they played Children Of The Damned, and Bruce says Ljubljana perfectly.

What you need to do is do the following:

[ img ]http://www.rfu.com/microsites/twickenham/images/stadium_282_1.jpg[ /img ]

But remove the spaces before the ]'s and after the ['s and the result is:

stadium_282_1.jpg

Twickers :D

Seems like a certain miss Harris is going to open for Maiden in San Francisco (see the front page news). Could we assume this means she and her band will open on this entire North American leg? And if that happens, what do our concert-going North American fellows think about it?

I assume that for the Nordic shows they will get some heavier people to open  ;) Last time it was Trivium who were OK (although I think their vocalist tries a little bit too hard to be James Hetfield ...)

I want it so badly to be Iced Earth...

I do NOT want LH opening for Maiden.  It's just nepotism.

Iced Earth would be great. But I assume that if they would open for Maiden on only parts of the tour, it would most likely be in the States, right? As they are American, I mean, and I guess they have a bigger fan base there than in Europe.

But if somebody said Iced Earth would be Maiden's support act, I would say thank you very much, I'm coming early. IE are not half bad.

I've heard rumours that LH is opening the Toronto show as well, not sure about this one, depends how close to the front I get at the show and whether it's worth going for another beer at the time and losing my spot or waiting for the main event.

Eddies Wingman said:
Iced Earth would be great. But I assume that if they would open for Maiden on only parts of the tour, it would most likely be in the States, right? As they are American, I mean, and I guess they have a bigger fan base there than in Europe.

Oddly enough, it's the exact opposite. They are almost unknown in the US, while they are quite popular in countries like France, Germany or Greece. That might still mean they will opt to support Maiden in the US, because it would expose them to a wider audience- I even think I remember Schaffer having said he's seeking to support them in America. As for Europe, I kind of doubt they'll be touring there next year.

Even more surprising is that Iced Earth are virtually unknown in Finland.  Almost no metal is underground here, but Iced Earth is.  Pretty much any new album from a reasonably big metal band will make it to the top of the charts, but Iced Earth?  Nah...  It's a shame, though, because it makes finding their albums really hard.  They're not even coming here on their tour... :(

But as an opener for Maiden?  I would sell my soul for that.  Maiden and Iced Earth, my two favourite bands, at the same show?  I can't even imagine...  I would never have such amazing luck.

But why wouldn't they tour in Europe next year?  They're releasing Something Wicked pt. II in February, after all.

Do any other Irish on here think we'll get a gig next year??????????????  :eek: :( :S

Back