Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

Invader said:
But why wouldn't they tour in Europe next year?  They're releasing Something Wicked pt. II in February, after all.

Check the IE topic, where I posted some audio interview with Schaffer, who also talks about future plans.

According to Liveinitaly.com, Iron Maiden will be headlining Italy's Gods Of Metal on 27/06/2008, in Bologna (Arena Parco Nord) and it will be their only 2008 italian concert  :(
Pre-sales from next thursday.

Do any other Irish on here think we'll get a gig next year?

I certainly hope so, another outdoor date at the RDS would probably be the most likely venue if it does happen, if not i'm going to have to book a trip to twickenham instead.

They've confrimed that they are headlining the Gods of Metal Festival in Italy now ( http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=705 ) so hopefully more european dates and an Irish one are in the pipeline.

Dr Cox said:
I certainly hope so, another outdoor date at the RDS would probably be the most likely venue if it does happen, if not i'm going to have to book a trip to twickenham instead.

They've confrimed that they are headlining the Gods of Metal Festival in Italy now ( http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=705 ) so hopefully more european dates and an Irish one are in the pipeline.

Yeah i think something like what they did with manson back in 2005 would be cool. I keep reassuring myself it's going to happen :yey:

me too, hopefully it will happen, save a trip to the UK.

All the shows in europe seem to be outdoor so the RDS would be likely candidate for an Irish show, same deal as the Early days part 1 tour with a couple of other bands as support would do nicely alright. The only other option would be Slane castle and although Maiden at Slane would be class, i doubt it will ever happen.

Dr Cox said:
me too, hopefully it will happen, save a trip to the UK.

All the shows in europe seem to be outdoor so the RDS would be likely candidate for an Irish show, same deal as the Early days part 1 tour with a couple of other bands as support would do nicely alright. The only other option would be Slane castle and although Maiden at Slane would be class, i doubt it will ever happen.

I think the only way you would see maiden at scklane which would be one of the best sights ever would be if they did like a monsters of rock thing with the likes of ac/dc and a few other's. My god could you imagine that. That would be a gig that they would certainly have to put out as a DVD

keep the fingers crossed for something like that, it would make a nice Christams present for Irish metal fans alright  :)

Wouldn't say it's too likey to have an Irish date to be honest, as much as I would love one. I'm not sure what state the recent renovations in the RDS have left it in, and whether it would be suitable for a gig or not. I've booked my tickets for Paris, so I'm sorted, but it's always nice to see a band on your home turf of course.

Victor Cezar said:
Hey guys, I've got my tickets today:

That´s cool. But does the ticket say 8th march?? And Estadio Palestra? Is that were the Gods of metal festival is at?
:)

EDIT:
I ask because it say "ITALY" on the ticket. Is this a south american show?

Wouldn't say it's too likey to have an Irish date to be honest, as much as I would love one. I'm not sure what state the recent renovations in the RDS have left it in, and whether it would be suitable for a gig or not. I've booked my tickets for Paris, so I'm sorted, but it's always nice to see a band on your home turf of course.

yeah it's not looking too likely at this stage. I picked up a ticket for the Twickenham show anyway, first time to be seated at a Maiden gig, should be interesting. A friend of mine was in the RDS recently for a rugby match, must ask him what it is like now after being renovated. Now that i think of it, Bruce Springsteen is playing gigs there in May next year so i guess the renovations haven't effected it's ability to host gigs.

A pretty reliable source says that (at least some of) the European tourdates will be announced on December 20th. Amongst them is a Croatian date, in Split (Poljud Stadium) on August 10th of next year.

December 20th, eh? Maybe they'll just announce the rest of the tour and I can get tix  :D

This thread is approaching my "Contents Of the Next Maiden DVD" in number of replies... :)

I won't be surprised if it surpasses it, that would be all right with me  ;)

They should announce the dates on the 23rd lol

Forostar said:
This reliable source appreciates it that you tell this? ;)
The reliable source told me to spread the news unoficially around the forums.  :p

gulranek said:
The reliable source told me to spread the news unoficially around the forums.  :p

The reliable source will now be punished and Maiden will never play in Croatia again?   ;)

Hasse78 said:
That´s cool. But does the ticket say 8th march?? And Estadio Palestra? Is that were the Gods of metal festival is at?
:)

EDIT:
I ask because it say "ITALY" on the ticket. Is this a south american show?
Actually, it says March 2nd.

And the Gods Of Metal festival happens in Italy, as you know. Altough the stadium is called Palestra Itália, it is in Brazil (São Paulo).  ;)

Victor Cezar said:
Actually, it says March 2nd.

And the Gods Of Metal festival happens in Italy, as you know. Altough the stadium is called Palestra Itália, it is in Brazil (São Paulo).  ;)

ah.. okey. That make more sense. :)

Back