Official Tourdates Discussion Thread

Re: More tourdates to be announced on Halloween says IM.com

I'll be pressing the reload button every five seconds...

I wonder if they'll announce the Europe dates already.  How early do they usually announce tours?

C'mon full UK tour, not just festival dates...

It will be one show in England. As Bruce said at Donnington this year it will be 'in a field somewhere in the middle of England'

jobywhatling said:
It will be one show in England. As Bruce said at Donnington this year it will be 'in a field somewhere in the middle of England'

It better not be....although, I dont think it will stop me from seeing them - I have to see this tour!

Hmm, new dates on Halloween, and then I hear that more dates will be released on Nov 5th...

Maybe North American dates on Halloween and UK/European dates on Nov 5th?

Just my tuppence worth

But pleasepleaseplesaeplesae let there be loads of Canadian dates ;)

VodaWolph said:
But pleasepleaseplesaeplesae let there be loads of Canadian dates ;)

I'm hoping for a stop in Atlantic Canada, but there's no chance of it happening.  :(

I'd love for them to paly Scotland, as I can't really afford festivals.  I think the chances of that happening, however, are very slim.

From im.com today

Full Schedule for the first leg
SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME World Tour 08

February
Fri 1st - Mumbai, India - Bandra Kurla Complex
Mon 4th - Perth, Australia - Burswood Dome
Wed 6th - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
Thu 7th - Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
Sat 9th - Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
Sun 10th - Sydney, Australia - Acer Arena
Tue 12th - Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Centre
Fri 15th - Yokohama, Japan - Pacifico Yokohama
Sat 16th - Tokyo, Japan - Messe
Tue 19th - Los Angeles, USA -The Forum
Thu 21st - Guadalajara, Mexico - Auditoria Telmex
Fri 22nd - Monterrey, Mexico - Arena Monterrey
Sun 24th - Mexico City, Mexico - Sports Palace
Tue 26th - San Jose, Costa Rica - Saprisa Stadium
Thu 28th - Bogota, Columbia - Simon Bolivar Park

March
Sun 2nd - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Skol Arena Anhembi
Wed 5th - Porto Allegre, Brazil - Gigantinho
Fri 7th - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Ferrofcarril Oeste Stadium
Sun 9th - Santiago, Chile - Pista Atletica
Wed 12th - Puerto Rico - San Juan Coliseo
Fri 14th - New Jersey, USA - Izod Arena
Sun 16th - Toronto, Canada - Air Canada Centre

Scandinavian dates will be announced on November 5th.

I was a bit disappointed, but after the tourdates it says more North American dates will be made for May and June. That's what I'm hoping for  :ok:

We could drive to Toronto, it's only about 7 hours away. We were there last summer to visit the Hockey Hall Of Fame  :D

Powergirl81 said:
I was a bit disappointed, but after the tourdates it says more North American dates will be made for May and June. That's what I'm hoping for  :ok:

We could drive to Toronto, it's only about 7 hours away. We were there last summer to visit the Hockey Hall Of Fame  :D

7 hours is about the same as I would need if they decide to play in Oslo. But since there have been rumours about Trondheim I'm crossing my fingers. If they play in Trondheim (for the first time ever) it will be only 10 minutes away from my flat. On a bike.  :D

Pittsburgh is about an hour drive from us. We took the Harley to a few shows in the past and we get VIP parking!  :ok: There's a guard that watches over the bikes.

When we saw Rush last summer, we were ALL THE WAY at the end of the parking lot! We took the car.

Now I'm waiting for the next set of tourdates  :p When? When? hehe

I hope they play more North American dates.  I'm willing to drive to Montreal or 4 hours within USA.  Seeing them twice on the same tour would be a first for me.  But I've got to get my kicks before they call it quits.  I'm mean how many more tours can we reasonably expect from them?

Good idea, Genghis. We've discussed that recently. But saving up the $$$ is the tough part, I mean tour shirts are $35! 2 of them is $70...*ouch*

How many more tours? Maybe 2 more...

The Rolling Stones are freaking 65 and look atrocious!  :p Scary thought  :lol:

Although I'm most likely to go to Wacken, I'm a bit surprised that there is no hint of other continental European dates (for that matter, I exclude Scandinavia from that definition). Don't get me wrong, the initiary rocks, and I'm really happy for the fans in those places, but I'd like to catch a non-festival date myself.

Powergirl81 said:
Good idea, Genghis. We've discussed that recently. But saving up the $$$ is the tough part, I mean tour shirts are $35! 2 of them is $70...*ouch*

How many more tours? Maybe 2 more...

The Rolling Stones are freaking 65 and look atrocious!  :p Scary thought  :lol:

I do not buy tour shirts on the actual tour to save money.  I have two I bought (neither are actual tour shirts).  If that is your cup of tea, I can see the attraction.

Iron Maiden play heavier music than the Rolling Stones.  I think this also affects how long they can successfully play live.

Genghis Khan said:
Iron Maiden play heavier music than the Rolling Stones.  I think this also affects how long they can successfully play live.

But Mick Jagger still run around stage just like Bruce does.  :bigsmile:

Looking forward to the scandinavian dates. It's going to be huge.  B)
....oh, and congratulation to all fans in countries that not normally get a maiden show. :)

Thank goodness the L.A. show is actually in Los Angeles (as opposed to Orange County, like the AMOLAD tour) --  the Forum is only 30 minutes from my house!  :bigsmile:  Too bad it's on a Tuesday, though. 

Back