OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Well, I don't know. Paschendale was sacked due to technicalities. Suns I don't know. I think this set just won't work for the u.s. Maybe the "we'll play songs from all our history" will take effect as the tour goes, swtiching songs from different eras of the band on certain gigs.

Aw hell... DOD and Wratchild ruin a perfectly good setlist. And kicking out Paschendale, that's just blasphemy. I hope they change it back to the way it was.

How does swapping a 9 minute BTaTS with a 2 minute Wrathchild work? Also Dance of Death  :ok: but not in place of Paschendale. Also Wildest Dreams is still there.

I am really amazed here. WTF? Perhaps I still need to buy me a ticket soon afterall, if they keep changing this setlist. This doesn't look like a little change. This is going to be a shuffle, a novity in Maiden's history.

By the way, don't underestimate the impact of DOD. Awesome.

Let's unfold several scenarios:

A: Due to technical/human difficulties/preferences/whatever reason the band decided to leave out Brighter and Paschendale. It will stay this way.

My thoughts:
It's hard to imagine, DOD (a big epic track) isn't exactly a typical replacement song.
And: Paschendale is a huge show. You're not going to drop that one so soon. Why else those rehearsals?

B: The band rehearsed such a big number of songs that they can't play them all in one night. They have decided to rotate the setlist. On two spots in the set, the songs will change. In this scenario these 4 songs get the shuffle: DOD, Paschendale, Wrathchild, BTATS.

My thoughts:
This is more likely than scenario A, but I can't imagine why Wrathchild would fit here because of its length. But maybe Bruce wants to talk more on the show. ;)

C: The band has rehearsed even more songs. More rotation, more replacements. This would make the setlist really unpredictable.
My thoughts:
I think it's possible that tonight in San Antonio Maiden will again play a different set. Being different from both Dallas and Houston.

D: Maybe the band saw these first two gigs as "setlist rehearsals" and will decide today on the final setlist:
The SA gig will be the regular setlist.

My thoughts: really possible as well.

Whatever scenario it's going to be, tonight we'll find out more about this "madness".
This is very untypical for Maiden. People who don't know about this think they're watching a regular Maiden show. But people who have seen these setlists are in for a shock because they'll be surprised at least as much.

I like the changes to the setlist myself.  Having just seen them during AMOLAD I'm fine with BTaTS coming out.  Definately stoked about DoD being in, even if it is at the expense of Pashendale.  Now, like I said before, slide Montsegur in there instead of No More Lies...

Not sure how reliable this is but I saw someone on the official forum saying this:

Something tells me this had to do with their preparedness. Honestly, Paschendale didn't sound great in Dallas. The opening harmonic riff, Dave screwed up playing (he missed a bar and then played it real fast to catch up to the timing)

Did someone judge this already from the audio recordings?

It's true. Nicko's missed the 'morse code' on the second time the riff was played and messed up with Adrian, eventually. Bruce sang the final line before the first instrumental break after the last bar had already finished.

I'm really digging what all of them are wearing save for Bruce. But you can never really complain about him cause you know it's gonna be odd. H's get-up is awesome.

It's going to be quite interesting to see what tonight's setlist is! Now, if they the repeat Dallas's set, then that probably means they'll be rotating the 2 every other night.

I was slightly pissed with the removal of
Paschendale and Suns
.  There did seem to be some technical difficulties. One major one was Bruce's mic kept cutting out...he even made note of it calling it a "piece of shit mic."  I also noticed that it wasn't very loud.  I saw them in 08 at the same venue and could scream, sing as loud as I wanted and not hear myself.  Not true last night.  I could even turn to my friends and have a conversation with them DURING SONGS.  Something was up with the back set of speakers or something else was going on.  

Besides the shitty people (will start a new thread on that) at the show....I enjoyed myself.....like always.
T'boo

Edit by SMX: Be thankful I'm in a forgiving mood. If I have to add spoiler tags again, it's banhammer time.

Just to remind everyone:
:devil:
Picture7-1.jpg
Picture7-1.jpg
Picture7-1.jpg
Picture7-1.jpg
Picture7-1.jpg

Hopefully, they keep
Passchendale
.  If they do, I'll probably buy a ticket.  I'm camping that weekend but should be able to make the show.

Well, it won't be long before Maiden takes the stage tonight! I am VERY interested to see what their set will be!

Hi, I was at the Dallas show and Maiden were FUCKING AWESOME!!! But I can understand why some people have said the crowd "wasn't really into it". Because
When they brought up the backdrop for "These Colours Don't Run" a guy behind me thought it was for "The Trooper".

Most people there just didn't know Maiden's newer songs. I, of course had an awesome time anyway.

On an unrelated note, having to use spoiler tags on a thread where the title warns of spoilers is a fucking retarded rule.

As I've said before, we don't have the option to change the forum software, so we make do. We're making sure that we cover every base. It takes 3 seconds to add spoilers. That's. How. It. Is.

LooseCannon said:
As I've said before, we don't have the option to change the forum software, so we make do. We're making sure that we cover every base. It takes 3 seconds to add spoilers. That's. How. It. Is.
Actually, it only takes 1 second. Just click the spoiler button. It couldn't be more simple. :) Rules are rules and they're not that hard to follow. :)

when i hover over the spoiler tab nothing happens

This thread is useless to read as the spoiler tags do nothing on my phone.

ThorSkaagi said:
This thread is useless to read as the spoiler tags do nothing on my phone.
Then read it on a computer where you can expand the spoilers. :) Also, if you hit the quote button on someone who posted a spoiler, you'll see what it is. ;)

Back