OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Huh? I'm not ignoring you. Oh, the stupid ignore button had a question mark on it and I clicked it not realizing. :lol:
So, ya gave in and joined up hey? Wimp! :) That's cool though. I'm sure all the goodies they give you for joining were worth it.
I will give Maiden a little credit for have 3 nights in a row with 3 different setlists. Maybe they can go for 4 and surprise us with Flight Of Icarus! For a shorter song, that would be great instead of WC.
Hehe, no, I gave in a long time ago, I jut never actually used to post there. I just liked FTTB, presales and all that. :)

I don't think we'll ever Flight Of Icarus again. Steve doesn't like it..

I do recall reading once that he prefered the faster LAD version to the original (as do I) but I don't recall hearing anything else about it.

If you read the IMC, you'll find that
Bruce, H, and Steve have a fundamental difference over how fast the song is supposed to be played. H and Bruce like the album pace, and Steve tried to get Nicko to speed it up in studio and on tour. It is not difficult to assume that old disagreements are something the band are trying to avoid.

Adam said:
I don't think we'll ever Flight Of Icarus again. Steve doesn't like it..
It's also Nicko's least favorite song - Source, Sweden Rock Magazine interview, 2006

I know that story about the tempo of the song. Steve preferred it to be played faster but that doesn't mean that he disliked the song in general. Maiden played it two tours in a row (1983-1985) and it was even on the setlist in the beginning of Somewhere on Tour. Hard to imagine that after years of playing it, they still would argue about the speed, in a live situation.

@Yax: interesting, do you have a link to an English version or translation of the interview? I am curious about the way the question was asked and the way he answered it. Thanks.

Forostar said:
I know that story about the tempo of the song. Steve preferred it to be played faster but that doesn't mean that he disliked the song in general. Maiden played it two tours in a row (1983-1985) and it was even on the setlist in the beginning of Somewhere on Tour. Hard to imagine that after years of playing it, they still would argue about the speed, in a live situation.

@Yax: interesting, do you have a link to an English version or translation of the interview? I am curious about the way the question was asked and the way he answered it. Thanks.
I dug my old mag out: SRM asked Jan what hisleast favorite album was. Janick refused to answer, stating he loved them equally. SRM flipped the question and asked if there was one specific album they weren't as "pleased" with. Nicko said "Yes, but I'm not going to say" to which SRM replied that Steve had already told then it's No Prayer For The Dying. Nicko grunted "Oh,did he now? Well, that's a question that Steve's more appropriate to answer", unable to hide his discontent over the fact that Steve had spilled the news. "I don't have a least favorite album. But I do have a song, and to be frank it's "Flight of Icarus". It was my first single with the band but I still think tht's my least favorite." Janick smiled: "Now you've given away your secret!" Nicko burst out laughing "Aye but I'll probably change my mind next week already, haha!"

Thanks. :) That last sentence isn't unimportant, I think.

I was at last nights show and I had a blast! I thought the SA crowd was pretty good most of the night, it sounded pretty loud to me and lots of people were singing along.

check out this vid and tell me the crowd wasnt into the show! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFgLrnbvvVQ

Someone's review of last night's show from metalsetlists:
Ok,here is my report of the event.showed up to the At&T Center,had a couple of cold ones in the parking lot full of fans blasting the tunes.Met a group of guys from Finland who work all the time,until Maiden goes on tour,then they take vacation and follow the band around.They were in the Dallas,Houston and last night's show.Good times.They wanted to go to Coyote Ugly in Downtown San Antonio,so my friends joined them there and that's the last I heard of them.
As for the concert itself,Maiden was on top of it's game once again.Good sound,good show,everyone walked out happy and fired up about seeing the best band there is.To me,Paschendale was the highlight of the night....No More Lies coming in a close second.the crowd was loud and into it all,the women were hawt....it was beautiful.

Just a thought I had about the current setlist:
There's times when I'll talk to a Maiden fan and they'll say something like: "I haven't been following this band since 7th Son". The type of setlist that Maiden is doing gives fans like that who have never heard stuff from the last 3 albums a chance to hear some of that material and they might end up liking it and go out and buy those albums.

Well, I'm really pissed BTATS was replaced by friggin' Wrathchild.

I would normally say Paschendale shouldn't be taken out but DOD is a great song too so either one would make me happy. Plus, it looks like they might eb rotating those two anyway.

Jonszat said:
When's the next gig?
There's a wonderful place called ironmaiden.com with all of their tour dates. Maybe you should check it out some time. :)

When I can just ask here and get you lot to tell me instead?

Nah :p

There. now you know them all!  :edmetal:

Wed 09 Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
Fri 11 Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sat 12 San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Mon 14 Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
Wed 16 Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
Thu 17 Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Sat 19 San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre
Sun 20 Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
Tue 22 Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
Thu 24 Vancouver, BC - GM Place
Sat 26 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Sun 27 Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome
Tue 29 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Wed 30 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center (Dream Theater will not be performing)
JULY
Sat 03 Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Tue 06 Ottawa, ON - Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest
Wed 07 Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Fri 09 Quebec City Summer Festival
Sun 11 Holmdel, NJ - PNC
Mon 12 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Wed 14 Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Pavilion
Thu 15 Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Sat 17 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Sun 18 Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Tue 20

Washington D.C. - Jiffy Lube Live

**THE FINAL FRONTIER 2010 EUROPEAN TOUR**

July 30 Ireland - Dublin O2
Aug 1 UK - Knebworth Sonisphere Festival
AUGUST
Thur 05 Germany - Wacken Festival
Sat 07 Sweden - Stockholm Stora Skuggan Sonisphere Festival
Sun 08 Finland - Helsinki Pori's Kirjurinluoto Sonisphere Festival
Wed 11 Norway- Bergen Bergenhus Festning - Koengen
Sat 14 Hungary - Sziget Festival
Sun 15 Transylvania - Cluj Napoca - Polus Center Mall (openers - Cargo)
Tue 17 Italy - Villa Manin, near Udine
19 - 21 Belgium - Pukkelpop Festival
Sat 21 Spain - Valencia Auditorio Marina Sur

funny-pictures-super-genius-kitten-has-a-very-large-brain.jpg

Back