OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Set list for San Antonio:

01-The Wicker Man
02-Ghost Of The Navigator
03-Wrathchild
04-El Dorado
05-Paschendale!!

Jeffmetal said:
Set list for San Antonio:

01-The Wicker Man
03-Wrathchild
04-El Dorado
05-Paschendale!!
Thanks! Source please.

Nevermind. I see they're coming in live over at metalsetlists.
01-The Wicker Man
03-Wrathchild
04-El Dorado
05-Paschendale
06-The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
07-These Colours Don't Run

So they replaced
BTATS
with
Wrathchild
? Glad I got to see them when I did..

Absolutely. Wrathchild is good, but BTATS is one of my favourite Maiden songs.

BTATS must be brought back, maybe in Canada or Europe.

01-The Wicker Man
03-Wrathchild
04-El Dorado
05-Paschendale
08-Blood Brothers
09-Wildest Dreams

Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if they're going to keep WC in and rotate Paschendale and DOD

Why not just add WC instead of replacing it? It's such a short song anyway that it wouldn't hurt Maiden

The set was probably too long.

LooseCannon said:
The set was probably too long.
That's quite possible because in Dallas, it went past 2 hours. Still, if they're gonna throw in an older, shorter song, why does it have to be WC AGAIN? I'll take The Trooper, 2 Minutes, RTTH, CIPWM, or TETMD over WC any day.

01-The Wicker Man
03-Wrathchild
04-El Dorado
05-Paschendale
08-Blood Brothers
09-Wildest Dreams
10-No More Lies

Geeee, I wonder what the rest of it's going to be.  ::)

No surprises there: Brave New World, Fear Of The Dark & Iron Maiden

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
What's your source for those? But ya, no surprise.

Twitter, guy is live at the show.
Makes me wonder wtf the guy is doing tweeting during a Maiden-gig, but I'm alright with it..
And that's the Number Of The Beast too. I'm gonna guess there will be no more surprises.

Adam said:
Twitter, guy is live at the show.
Makes me wonder wtf the guy is doing tweeting during a Maiden-gig, but I'm alright with it..
And that's the Number Of The Beast too. I'm gonna guess there will be no more surprises.
Ya. You got a link to the twitter page?

Also,
eddie_63-1.jpg

Ya. You got a link to the twitter page?

Also,
eddie_63-1.jpg
Oh yeah, sure

http://twitter.com/Lorangriel

Oh and thanks. How ya holding up these days? You know, with the Free Forum being down and all :)

I think that part of the reason Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was dropped is because it's probably not very popular to tell Americans about their sins...Wrathchild at least doesn't have a political message.

I'm good here and you? Aren't you Bruce/Dickinson from the free forum?
Yup, that's me. :) And I'm good too, just missing the old boards. I'm over at the IMOC these days.

Huh? I'm not ignoring you. Oh, the stupid ignore button had a question mark on it and I clicked it not realizing. :lol:
Adam said:
Yup, that's me. :) And I'm good too, just missing the old boards. I'm over at the IMOC these days.
So, ya gave in and joined up hey? Wimp! :) That's cool though. I'm sure all the goodies they give you for joining were worth it.
I will give Maiden a little credit for have 3 nights in a row with 3 different setlists. Maybe they can go for 4 and surprise us with Flight Of Icarus! For a shorter song, that would be great instead of WC.

LooseCannon said:
I think that part of the reason Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was dropped is because it's probably not very popular to tell Americans about their sins...Wrathchild at least doesn't have a political message.

Sarcasm?

I was at the San Antonio concert...

I thought the concert was very good. I was disappointed that I didn't get to listen to BTATS. I didn't get to see Maiden during the AMOLAD tour, so I was really hoping to hear some songs from that album. I did get to hear These colours don't run and it was AMAZING. Obviously, the San Antonio crowd didn't get very excited with new songs, but that was expected.

The highlights of the concert:
1. Wicker Man - I like this song as an opener.
2. These colours don't run - One of my favorite songs from AMOLAD. Maiden played it perfectly.
2. Brave New World - Sounds better live than in the album.
3. Fear of the dark - I disagree with the people that say Maiden should not play FOD. I know they play it every tour, but that's the way it should be. It is a classic, and the crowd really gets into this song.
4. Hallowed be thy name - Another classic that should be played in every concert.
5. Bruce - He was amazing as ever. Great energy, great voice. He talked about the soccer match between US and England. Seems like he wasn't that happy with the Goalie!

Things I didn't like:
1. Wildest Dreams - I have no clue why Maiden played this song. If they want to play newer stuff, there are tons of songs in DOD, AMOLAD and BNW that are better than this one. How about Out of the Silent Planet? Rainmaker? Dance of Death? Nomad? etc.
2. No more lies - Same as above, although no more lies is a little bit better.
3. Running Free - I don't like this as the final song. I know they usually end concerts with RTTH, running free or Sanctuary. I am tired of RTTH, so Sanctuary would have been better.
4. No BTATS! This would have made my day. I also like other AMOLAD songs, but I know a lot of them are long and some take time to develop (Longest Day, Greater Good of God), so maybe they are not the best options for a concert. But BTATS would have been perfect.

Mixed feelings:
1. Paschendale - Yes, Paschendale is a great song, but I think Maiden struggled a bit with this song. Not sure why it happened. Maybe that's why they dropped it Houston. Still, I am happy I got to see this live.
2. Davey - I have seen Maiden 7 times, and this is the first time I think Davey wasn't 100%. Not sure what was the problem.

It's always great to see Maiden live. This was a pretty different experience than the SBIT tour. I like that Maiden wanted to do newer songs, but as I mentioned above I didn't like some of their selections. I guess you can't please everyone.

</spoiler>

wow they are really having problems with paschendale)

Back