OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS inside!

Re: OFFICIAL tour thread. SPOILERS of ALL kinds await you inside!

Will-I-Am said:
Fuck.

Check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ0o0hb3E38 : people at the first row not even moving  :blink:
I'm thinking this tour -especially in US- might be a major fail. At least AMOLAD it was a new album...
Anyway, kudos to them for daring it and good chance for the rest of the tour!!

Seriously, I never saw more still crowd than this, during a first song of Maiden concert
and I'm curious to read a full US gig review...
SMX, you're on the case, right man ??

It's fucking Dallas, that's the problem. Once they get to Chi-Town, New York and LA it'll be different.

I'm seeing them Monday. And I'm sure I'll post something about it here.

No matter what, the setlist will never match exactly what...in a perfect world...I or anyone else would want to see live. It just can't.

For everyone who sighs, "I wish they'd drop this and play that" there is someone else saying, "I sure am glad they're playing that and not this."

The bottom line is we get to see the world's greatest band perform music we all know by heart and love with a passion rivaling on madness, and I for one can focus on that and forgive the fact that my super-ultimate, favorite song might not be played live on this tour.

That all being said...
Pachendale
...live? Are you kidding me?!?  :yey:

For someone who missed the
Death on the Road
tour, I'm thrilled at this nugget of info alone!

Up the Irons hard my fellow IM'ers!!!

Once again Maiden is saying that they aren't a greatest hits band. That they refuse to only play the classics, and once again people still expect them to only play the classic songs they want to hear. You think people would learn by now, that maiden does, and plays what they want to play. You would also think that certain fans would gain a bit of perspective and look at the songs that maiden have played in the last ten years. I think we can afford to have one tour without Run to the Hills, or The Trooper. If this is your first time seeing them, then yeah, you kind of missed out, but they're bound to play them next time, and if they decide to never play those songs again, you know what? That's okay, cause you still got to see one of the greatest bands ever, live. Enough said. 

P.S I've Never seen Maiden Live, but I'm going on the 24th, and I'm excited. Yeah I won't get to see The Trooper live, or Run to The Hills, but hey, I'll get to see Maiden play, and that's good enough for me. Because I don't have a sense of entitlement. I'm not someone who thinks they deserve to hear certain songs. I paid money for a ticket, and all I expect in return is a QUALITY SHOW. I don't care what songs are played, as long as they put energy and effort into making sure it's one hell of a show.

And yes, I'm  :yey: about Blood Brothers, ans Brave New World. Vancouver on the 24th, will be like Christmas for me.

mozzle said:
Once again Maiden is saying that they aren't a greatest hits band. That they refuse to only play the classics, and once again people still expect them to only play the classic songs they want to hear. You think people would learn by now, that maiden does, and plays what they want to play. You would also think that certain fans would gain a bit of perspective and look at the songs that maiden have played in the last ten years. I think we can afford to have one tour without Run to the Hills, or The Trooper. If this is your first time seeing them, then yeah, you kind of missed out, but they're bound to play them next time, and if they decide to never play those songs again, you know what. That's okay, cause you still got to see one of the greatest bands ever, live. Enough said.
Just to sort of add to what you said: Even if it is your first time seeing them live, it shouldn't matter what they play. No matter what they play, they put on such a super amazing, energetic performance that you are GUARANTEED to have a great time!
3 separate reviews of the Dallas show with more pics have been added to Maiden's official site: http://www.ironmaiden.com/

fonzbear2000 said:
Just to sort of add to what you said: Even if it is your first time seeing them live, it shouldn't matter what they play. No matter what they play, they put on such a super amazing, energetic performance that you are GUARANTEED to have a great time!
3 separate reviews of the Dallas show with more pics have been added to Maiden's official site: http://www.ironmaiden.com/

Exactly, I added to mine by saying:

P.S I've Never seen Maiden Live, but I'm going on the 24th, and I'm excited. Yeah I won't get to see The Trooper live, or Run to The Hills, but hey, I'll get to see Maiden play, and that's good enough for me. Because I don't have a sense of entitlement. I'm not someone who thinks they deserve to hear certain songs. I paid money for a ticket, and all I expect in return is a QUALITY SHOW. I don't care what songs are played, as long as they put energy and effort into making sure it's one hell of a show.

And yes, I'm  :yey: about Blood Brothers, ans Brave New World. Vancouver on the 24th, will be like Christmas for me

mozzle said:
Exactly, I added to mine by saying:

And yes, I'm  :yey: about Blood Brothers, ans Brave New World. Vancouver on the 24th, will be like Christmas for me
That's exactly how I would feel if I was going to see them live. That's how I felt in 1992 and 2000.

fonzbear2000 said:

This doesn't have to be spoiled - your description of the link contains nothing spoily.

(Still I suppose, better to use spoilers, and let us mods un-spoil it.)

Looked at the photos, and I love Steve's t-shirt...
Whale Oil Beef Hooked

Fonz, how come you aren't going this time around?

I take back what I said about Dallas and the show being tame. The reviews and people I've heard from on other sites said it was spectacular and the energy was fantastic.

mozzle said:
Fonz, how come you aren't going this time around?
Because they're skipping Minnesota yet again and I can't afford to travel. I can't complain too much though because I was lucky enough to see them in 1992 and 2000 and there are many others who have never seen them.

im seeing em monday but denver has a curfew so they have to remove 3 songs. I hope they just cut down dts set and play a full show unless the cut 3 staples witch they shouldve done in 2003 when they cut heaven can wait but they cut bnw and slauhgter which was fine

Jeffmetal said:
Any boots already, folks?!

Love the set list as it's Maiden screaming to the whole world and naysayers that the band IS ALIVE. Nothing of old farting nostalgia selfparody. Wasn't expecting Blood Brothers, Wildest Dreams, but I'd put Rainmaker, Montségur and Out Of The Silent Planet instead of No More Lies, Wildest Dreams and These Colours Don't Run. Anyway, can't wait to get some bootleg DVD's.
No boots have surfaced yet. :(
hockeyguy666 said:
im seeing em monday but denver has a curfew so they have to remove 3 songs. I hope they just cut down dts set and play a full show unless the cut 3 staples witch they shouldve done in 2003 when they cut heaven can wait but they cut bnw and slauhgter which was fine
Has it been confirmed that they have to remove 3 songs?

The setlist makes perfect sense and it rocks my Maiden Vans off my feet!

Its been 10 years since Bruce and H rejoined Maiden and this period could arguably be the band's finest in terms of song writing and their own personal enjoyment.  With time to kill before the release of The Final Frontier these shows gives the boys a chance to play their favourites from the Reunion Era - and they've delivered!!  Two days ago we could only dream of a setlist containing Paschendale, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, The Wickerman, a NEW song, The Ghost of The Navigator, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns etc and now the boys have made it a reality.  I literally love them for it and cannot wait for a bootleg.  It is also very, very cool to see some of these songs slotted into the setlist in a different spot from where you would expect...ie, These Colours Don't Run mid-set.  And in defence of Wildest Dreams, the band has included it so they must enjoy playing it, so let's enjoy it too, even if for H's solo only.  

10 outta 10 boys.  I won't see you live as you're not heading to the Southern Hemisphere this time round, but m confident you'll retain a number of these "new" classics for the full blown Final Frontier Tour in '11.  :clap:

fonzbear2000 said:
Has it been confirmed that they have to remove 3 songs?

No, but hockeyguy is right. If they cut 3 songs then, they'll cut 3 now. They need to lose about 20 minutes.

I wonder if they'll make DT cut a song. DT was supposed to be given 50 minutes, and their set is about 53-55.
If so, I hope they cut Panic Attack.

Another thing about the Denver curfew: Maiden did NOT cut any songs, last time they played this venue (Early Days, summer 2005). The show they cut was GMETID, summer 2003. So maybe the law changed?

SinisterMinisterX said:
Another thing about the Denver curfew: Maiden did NOT cut any songs, last time they played this venue (Early Days, summer 2005). The show they cut was GMETID, summer 2003. So maybe the law changed?
Ya, but wasn't the USA leg of the Early Days tour on Ozzfest where Maiden only did 10 songs or did they have some off nights where they headlined?

I was at the Dallas show last night.

Dream Theater kicked ass.  All 40 minutes and 6 songs worth :)  But hey, it's Dream Theater.  They always Kick Ass.

now on to Maiden.

I was a Maiden virgin.  First time!

What can I say?  They were absolutely amazing!  Seen plenty of videos of them before but nothing prepared me for this.  Absolutely LOVED IT!  That being said, I am a little disappointed.  Why?

I'll do the spoiler tag thingy...

because of the set list.

No, I'm not a "casual" fan.  This is just my first opportunity to see them.  I'm not going to post the setlist because you can find it anywhere.  It's absolutely cool they threw out some obscure stuff.  But it was all later obscure stuff - Brave New World and up.    Some of the obscure stuff they played could have been better chosen - like Silent Planet instead of Thousand Suns.  That being said, it was all extremely good and enjoyable.  But why so much off the later albums?  They played 2 songs off the first album and 2 off # of Beast and left out everything else (except Fear of the Dark).  They didn't have to do a rehash of their last tour setlist.  But man it woulda been cool if they had of thrown out some "Heaven Can Wait" or "Quest for Fire" or "Flash of the Blade".  There's some obscure stuff.

So I'm disappointed for not hearing any of the older stuff.  Totally dug the entire show.  Just wish they had of thrown in some older stuff.

After all that being said, Maiden was amazing.  Bruce was his usual self - entertaining as all get out.  I hope this is just a "testing the waters" tour and they swing back around some time when they start their full blown world tour. 

Back