Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

Yes I'm afraid it's true, and the only thing telling you the band and album name is on a sticker that is stuck to the shrink wrap, I expected better for the extra money, eg a few years ago I purchased the film Evil Dead on DVD which came in a rubber replica of the book from the film which is absolutely stunning to look at and this was nearly a decade ago, my point being the way things progress over the years the Mission Edition could've been a damn site better, the music is still fucking awesome though ha ha

p4warrior said:
Great stuff.  I can understand if you got suckered into paying a ton more for the ME, but it was $3 more and I ordered along with a buddy's to get free shipping on Amazon.  I guess it's a good album if all you can complain about is the packaging!
That's very true. Plus, the extra $3 is worth it for the bonus content you get.

Roughly four more hours till I can FINALLY hear this damn album. I'm more than ready.

ToAshesHisGrave said:
Roughly four more hours till I can FINALLY hear this damn album. I'm more than ready.

I'll have to wait a bit longer as I ordered five other CDs over Amazon and asked to have them shipped together.  Sept. 2 is the longest I'll wait at any rate.

Great review Zare...I like to read reviews like yours where is clear that you have listen the album a lot of times,so you have a straight opinion about this..I don't like persons who are making comments after one listen etc....Anyway just one point i disagree..you saying that WTWWB has not a kick ass part..well i thing the instrumental part in the middle of the part is awesome..i find that this martial rhythm fits maiden very well...but the strongest point in this track is that when it's over you don't feel like was 11 min long...A lot off changes and a bittersweet feeling at the end...

Thank you very much.

Don't get me wrong, WTWWB doesn't have any part that isn't kick ass. However, when compared to '80s Harris closing epics, it's not as god-like as those metal anthems. Really, can you mention any part of the song that's as good as fast part of HBTN or ROTAM/ATG instrumentals? That's why i gave it .5 lower score than pure perfect. The only song i rated 100% was Starblind, which, for me, has the exact same level of awesomeness in it's category when compared to the best '80s in that category. And that category would be "shorter long" tracks, ~ 7 minute ones, like Caught Somewhere In Time, Powerslave, Infinite Dreams...which also score 5/5 in my charts.

Genghis Khan said:
I'll have to wait a bit longer as I ordered five other CDs over Amazon and asked to have them shipped together.  Sept. 2 is the longest I'll wait at any rate.
    By then I would've cracked and heard the leak.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
YES! Come on and destroy that shit band, Arcade Fire!

Haha, never even heard of em...

You keep confusing me by changing your avatar every 2 days.  What gives?

I get bored of it. :p

Current one looks like Eddie's chewing on the Nike symbol.  Or maybe that's just the effect of a six pack...

I wonder if they hadn't split it into a special edition and a regular... would it be on top?  Probably, as the standard edition is sitting @ number 11.

p4warrior said:
Current one looks like Eddie's chewing on the Nike symbol.  Or maybe that's just the effect of a six pack...
:lol: I'm sober and it does look a bit like that.
p4warrior said:
I wonder if they hadn't split it into a special edition and a regular... would it be on top?  Probably, as the standard edition is sitting @ number 11.
Hard to say, but if it's any indication of how well it'll do on Billboard, that'll be great!

I'd check out iTunes but I happily uninstalled it when I got my Zune.

So, I don't think I'm quite ready to give a proper review yet, but after my first few listens, I'm really loving it. (Although there was never any doubt, haha.) What I like the most about it is that it's progressive, yes, but it has so much ENERGY. It's so in-your-face. Even the longer songs don't feel long because of how energetic they are. I couldn't be more pleased.

The CD sounds WAYYYYYY better than the leak....especially on my BOSE headphones........Friggin Starblind is the BEST song Maiden has ever written....... EVER.......  I can listen to it over and over and not get tired of it yet.....Musically it is right on par with HBTN, TROOPER, 11:58, ACES, SSOASS, PASCHENDALE,.........you get it.
I might change my username to STARBLIND FN RULES

Number 2 on Canadian iTunes (behind "that shit band Arcade Fire"  :p)

mckindog said:
Number 2 on Canadian iTunes (behind "that shit band Arcade Fire"  :p)

Easy now, you never know when there might be fans around these parts.. Just because you may not like them doesn't mean they're shit.

Holy shit.

High quality version on my studio-quality headphones is sex.

Seriously, people who dismissed on the leak need some good headphones, a real copy and 72 minutes to kill. You'll be back a second time soon after.

Got my Mission Edition version in the mail today. Sounds much better than the leak and the access to the bonus content is decent. The "Mission Debrief" video was nice, though I wish they had went into detail about the songs.

Can't wait to blast my face off tomorrow in my car.

Back