Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

I know, but I need to make sure it's clear :)

I don't know, I'm only listening to mp3's and I don't think the production is all that bad.

LordMaiden said:
I don't know, I'm only listening to mp3's and I don't think the production is all that bad.

My dream would be the last iron maiden album produced by Martin Birch as a last goodbye! in some songs i miss the sound of seventh son for an example.But Kevin Shirley is a at least good producer( i dont know a fuck of producing albums btw)

I don't want someone who hasn't worked on an album in 20 years anywhere NEAR Maiden.

And it's not like the last 2 albums Birch did sounded great either.

Donner said:
I don't want someone who hasn't worked on an album in 20 years anywhere NEAR Maiden.

And it's not like the last 2 albums Birch did sounded great either.

I understand but its like 50 year of marriage.If you want to say goodbye it has to be together  :)

Will-I-Am said:
@Foro : But better try to stay away at least from those discussion if you don't want to crack. Anyway, looking fwd to your thoughts, on Friday or earlier :)

Yeah, I almost checked that solo topic. That would be a spoiler. There's nothing cooler to hear new Maiden solos for the first time. Who is it, and how is it.
;)

Is Martin Birch still producing these days? I always thought their classic albums had the bass levels too low but that's just me.

For those who have heard the album, are there any instrumental parts that you just really love humming along to? That's what I loved about the older albums and even with the reunion albums. I love being able to hum along with awesome instrumental parts.

rudolf1978 said:
My dream would be the last iron maiden album produced by Martin Birch as a last goodbye! in some songs i miss the sound of seventh son for an example.But Kevin Shirley is a at least good producer( i dont know a fuck of producing albums btw)

My favourite production on any Maiden record is TNOTB because of how raw it sounds, but I think Kevin Shirley really oughta do the honours. He's really earned his keep.

Pretty much every Maiden song you can hum a melody or a vocal line and solos. TFF and El Dorado are stuck on my mind, for that matter, since I first listened to 'em. I'm sure there's a lot of memorable and anthologic hooks, melodies, choruses and solos all over the songs on The Final Frontier.

Jeffmetal said:
Pretty much every Maiden song you can hum a melody or a vocal line and solos. TFF and El Dorado are stuck on my mind, for that matter, since I first listened to 'em. I'm sure there's a lot of memorable and anthologic hooks, melodies, choruses and solos all over the songs on The Final Frontier.

You haven't heard anything yet.

Ristifer said:
For those who have heard the album, are there any instrumental parts that you just really love humming along to? That's what I loved about the older albums and even with the reunion albums. I love being able to hum along with awesome instrumental parts.

There's no "Ahhhhhh ahhhh aaaah  aaahhhhhaaaahhh" parts (in the vein of Bring Your Daughter...) that I can think of, if that's what you mean.

I admit I was underwhelmed when I first heard the album, but now I'm really digging it. Starblind, for one, is phenomenal.  :edmetal:

Machiventa said:
Is Martin Birch still producing these days? I always thought their classic albums had the bass levels too low but that's just me.

Eh no. The last time he worked with Maiden was 18 years ago.

Forostar said:
Yeah, I almost checked that solo topic. That would be a spoiler. There's nothing cooler to hear new Maiden solos for the first time. Who is it, and how is it.
;)

I did a question there who was directed mainly to you : If you know any album song where Adrian shares the solo time with Janick only. I think there isn't such, right ??

There is only one, and a member called kwok-fu seng (or something) found it out.

Moment.

edit: Ah here it is -> Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (please don't mention in your reply anything about the solos on the new album. I know you can do it, but still ;) )

kwok fu seng said:
one of the headbanging-epic out of AMOLAD, hopefully this isn't the first (and last) Maiden track that featured Smith/Gers guitar solo! while almost all their songs having either Dave/Jan or Adrian/Dave or triple guitar solo i.e Dave/Adrian/Jan or just one individual solo, this is imho, sure the 1st successful break-the-rules in Maiden song ever at least in their guitar solo department!

p/s: sorry for me stinking english!

Forostar said:
There is one, and a member called kwok-fu seng (or something) found it out.

Moment.

edit: Ah here it is -> Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (please don't mention in your reply anything about the solos on the new album. I know you can do it, but still ;) )

I would never do such a thing  :(

No hard feelings! I didn't think you would intentionally do that, but I'm just a bit of a spoiler nazi. (hi Onhell! ;) )

Cheer up mate!  :ok:

Just got to this thread as a redirect from LC. Man, how many "Official Final Frontier" Threads has there been?  :p

Back