Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

I think the main difference is energy. This has it in spades.

Are you talking about VXI still?

Priceless... simply priceless... It's always good to stop and confirm your taking part in the same conversation

Yep. See, I think the problem with VXI is that Steve wrote more upbeat guitar bits, but nobody told Blaze, and he was singing the same style he did on TXF. So…it was out of sync. Then add in that Steve basically produced it himself; the production is the worst on any album save Iron Maiden. I came in on VXI, so I love it for that. But I've also heard a few boots from the tour, and all the songs sound so much better live. Blaze sings more…heartily.

Anyway. It's neither here nor there. I don't want you to change your opinion of the album, and I know it's a losing battle to try, as most people won't budge on VXI. But when I say that the music sounds similar, it's not a bad thing; it's an honest thing.

LooseCannon said:
Yep. See, I think the problem with VXI is that Steve wrote more upbeat guitar bits, but nobody told Blaze, and he was singing the same style he did on TXF. So…it was out of sync. Then add in that Steve basically produced it himself; the production is the worst on any album save Iron Maiden. I came in on VXI, so I love it for that. But I've also heard a few boots from the tour, and all the songs sound so much better live. Blaze sings more…heartily.

Anyway. It's neither here nor there. I don't want you to change your opinion of the album, and I know it's a losing battle to try, as most people won't budge on VXI. But when I say that the music sounds similar, it's not a bad thing; it's an honest thing.

No...no trying to change opinions on either side. I find your views on this interesting. I'll listen to VXI again whenever I get sick of TFF.

That's a fair thing to say :)

Anyone care to comment on the production?  El Dorado to me sounded like a cross between AMOLAD and DOD but a hair beefier. 

You know what? LooseCannon has something.

I just took a short drive and dialed up VXI in my brain's database and there are shades of it all over this album. I never noticed it before. Wow. And that's not a bad thing because it retained some of the best sounds off that album too.

Call me stumped.

You guys make me curious.

Refuse

Resist

Donner said:
Anyone care to comment on the production?  El Dorado to me sounded like a cross between AMOLAD and DOD but a hair beefier. 

I keep hearing El Dorado as something off of Powerslave.

Forostar said:
You guys make me curious.

Refuse

Resist

Resist my friend, truly don't spoil it, I'm damn sure it's so much better in a CD format. In any case you only have to wait until Friday  :)

LordMaiden said:
Here's the fangroup in a nutshell:

1) Fans who piss up a rope when The Trooper isn't played live seventeen years after it was recorded.

2) Posers who flooded the boards to grab a copy but never stuck around to actually talk about it. They better buy the fucking CD.

3) Fans like me who loves new and old and will argue about albums until someone is blue in the face.

4) New fans who are interested in discovering everything Maiden. Hopefully, some of 2 translates into 4.

I agree with all of that except #2.  Nobody would need to come here to get the album.  It's up on every torrent site.

I can see Powerslave in El Dorado. Listening to that track right now.

Take a ticket for the ride! El Dorado, streets of gold, see my ship is oversold…you've got one last chance to try!

Were you here yesterday?

This question is for Aces High guy, BTW

@Foro : But better try to stay away at least from those discussion if you don't want to crack. Anyway, looking fwd to your thoughts, on Friday or earlier :)

LooseCannon said:
I can see Powerslave in El Dorado. Listening to that track right now.

Take a ticket for the ride! El Dorado, streets of gold, see my ship is oversold…you've got one last chance to try!

The very beginning of Starblind is so VXI.

lcarus said:
I agree with all of that except #2.  Nobody would need to come here to get the album.  It's up on every torrent site.

I only joined (originally) to grab the leak as it was posted.  Wasn't on torrents right away.  There was about 50 of us sending emails back and forth through this site.

Not through this site. People just sent emails. This site didn't encourage you guys to send anything.

LooseCannon said:
Not through this site. People just sent emails. This site didn't encourage you guys to send anything.

I just meant that we used to board to acquire emails and talk about whether or not the leak was out.  We didn't actually use the site to post links to the leak.

Back