Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

The opening riff sounds like something out of Don't Look To the Eyes of a Stranger, the stuff in the middle a cross between Clansman and The Educated Fool. It's better musically than either of those…but not much. It's the weakest song musically on the album, I think, except for the fact that given the subject matter…it works. Perfectly.

LooseCannon said:
I'm still waiting to be crucified for saying WTWWB sounds like it's from VXI.

Starblind as well  :)

Jeffmetal said:
I said the sample was a classic already and it sounded straight from TXF. Now, you're saying VXI...well, then it gets me really excited to listen to it and perhaps an eye opener on how great VXI is for those who despise it.

I'm hearing lots of the Blaze era (and the 90's in general) throughout the whole record.

LooseCannon said:
The opening riff sounds like something out of Don't Look To the Eyes of a Stranger, the stuff in the middle a cross between Clansman and The Educated Fool. It's better musically than either of those…but not much. It's the weakest song musically on the album, I think, except for the fact that given the subject matter…it works. Perfectly.

Yeah i was waiting for that song,and when i first listened to it i thogh ( oh my god noooooo :S)..Way better the talisman!.

LooseCannon said:
[...] It's the weakest song musically on the album, I think, except for the fact that given the subject matter…it works. Perfectly.

That is a fucking brave statement, LC you are my hero  :)

Perhaps the weakest song musically but my favorite song personally. I love the melody.

See…that's the thing with VXI. People shat on it because it wasn't Powerslave or SSOASS. It was a lyricist's album. This song is a lyricist's song. You NEED to understand the subject to get the song.

mozzle said:
Perhaps the weakest song musically but my favorite song personally. I love the melody.

The fact that is the weakest doesn't mean that's not good  ;)

LooseCannon said:
See…that's the thing with VXI. People shat on it because it wasn't Powerslave or SSOASS. It was a lyricist's album. This song is a lyricist's song. You NEED to understand the subject to get the song.

I shat on it because it was half the album the X-Factor was.

mozzle said:

I like the part when bruce sings "the pictures of the wall falling down.......outside down" ( sorry maybe he doesnt say that,im from spain LOL)

Maybe it was, but I still loved it. I still love it, in fact. I've said before: technically, TXF is a better album, but I will put VXI on for a spin before it any day. Nostalgia.

LooseCannon, I totally understand.  I love No Prayer for the same nostalgic reasons.

And if TFF does feature bits from that era I'm fine with that.

TFF Sucks..I hate it....I'm heading over to the Lady Gaga forums.

:p

rudolf1978 said:
I like the part when bruce sings "the pictures of the wall falling down.......falling down" ( sorry maybe he doesnt say that,im from spain LOL)

He sings: "He sees the picture on the wall, it's falling down"  Which to me is weird. Why not sing: "He sees the picture on the wall, it's falling down...  it's on the ground"  Would sound better IMO

Well, like I said. It's not the exact same. The drumming is far improved, and Bruce is a better singer than Blaze (though I still love Blaze, Bruce is better). And obviously the various guitarists have added their own little twists. But WTWWB is the closest to the VXI sound, period.

LooseCannon said:
Well, like I said. It's not the exact same. The drumming is far improved, and Bruce is a better singer than Blaze (though I still love Blaze, Bruce is better). And obviously the various guitarists have added their own little twists. But WTWWB is the closest to the VXI sound, period.

So everything is better on this album than XVI. That's all I care about!

The song i love its The alchemist .Its a mix of futureal/man on the edge/new frontier but with and AWESOME 2 chorus.Great song.

Well, if you complained about repetitive choruses…you have nothing to complain about on this album.

Back