Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

Forostar said:
Eh no. The last time he worked with Maiden was 18 years ago.

I meant for other bands. I knew Kevin has been producing them for a while now.

I think he quit after FOTD.
Forostar said:
There is only one, and a member called kwok-fu seng (or something) found it out.

Moment.

edit: Ah here it is -> Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (please don't mention in your reply anything about the solos on the new album. I know you can do it, but still ;) )

With "you can do it" I meant: one is allowed to do it, not that the chance is big that you out of all people is going to do it. I am sorry that I gave a negative impression.

Forostar said:
No hard feelings! I didn't think you would intentionally do that, but I'm just a bit of a spoiler nazi. (hi Onhell! ;) )

Cheer up mate!  :ok:

The new expression  :D

Baaah I'd say you are only a spolier fascist, since you still can reading all this info about the album without being spoiled.
Even I, who
1) re-watched Inglourious Basterds last week  :innocent:
2) stayed away from the forum 1.5 month not to be spoiled
don't think I fully qualify as a spoiler nazi as I let LC telling me his impressions on line!
He was listening /commenting while I was only downloading -plus with a very low speed

This is the most mind-bending album Maiden has ever recorded. It is also one of their best.

I'm sort of feeling the opposite of some reviews I've read.  I actually prefer the first half of the album early on.  I also am not quite as in love with Wind as some folks seem to be.

That said not a turkey in the bunch!  Enjoying....4 listens in.

My highs:  Mother of Mercy, Isle Of Avalon, Starblind

I'm surprised nobody is talking about how awesome Nicko is on this.

I'm not really noticing Nicko so much. I thought he was great on AMOLAD.

Well, I've finally decided on a most favorite song: TT. Close behind are WTWWB and IOA.

I really like Starblind. I haven't really formed an opinion on the album this early yet. By the way Travis, you won the "bet"  :D

LordMaiden said:
I'm surprised nobody is talking about how awesome Nicko is on this.

To be completely honest I never notice him. I miss Clive.

HallowedBeMyName said:
I really like Starblind. I haven't really formed an opinion on the album this early yet. By the way Travis, you won the "bet"  :D
That's cool. :)

As many as needed.

HallowedBeMyName said:
Well you missed his stint with the band by about 28 years  :p

Well. I still think he was the best IM drummer. Nicko's drums miss magic in my opinion.

I'm waiting till release date to listen but it's cool to read other people's opinions.

Oh, and if anybody else was worried about the leak hurting album sales (like I was) TFF has gone up drastically on Amazon since it leaked. It was at #8 in general music and is now at #4. Which is great.

ToAshesHisGrave said:
I'm waiting till release date to listen but it's cool to read other people's opinions.

Oh, and if anybody else was worried about the leak hurting album sales (like I was) TFF has gone up drastically on Amazon since it leaked. It was at #8 in general music and is now at #4. Which is great.
I look at it this way. People who are going to buy the album are going to do so whether it leaks or not so I don't feel leaks would ever hurt album sales.

I doubt there is a single person here who won't buy the album. Maiden fans in general are good people. None of them want to rip off the band.

We're all going to own our copies next week. Fuck, I might start constructing a fifteen foot wooden statue of Eddie in my front yard just to show my appreciation for what these guys have done for me musically.

No doubt about it. I will be at the local record shop (not Best Buy - they can fuck off) supporting the local business guy, and of course the good blokes that are IRON MAIDEN.

I still look forward to reading the lyrics and listening just like its the first time I ever heard it.

Also, I find this album is way too much to digest in just a couple of spins. Therefore, even though Im a noob on this site, I will wait to post my critique of the material.. 

.... I will say this  - THE GOOD -Isle of Avalon is supberb. The Talisman has some great parts. Mother of Mercy shocked me because I was hearing bad shit about it, and I actually enjoyed it.. WTWWB is slowly creeping on me...

THE NOT SO GOOD- TMWWBK is just plain filler to me.. I had huge expectations for Coming Home & Starblind.. Coming Home is not special in any way shape or form, and I dont see the huge sing along/anthem the lot is talking about.. Starblind is vanilla to me right now although I like the guitar work in it...

Anyway, just my opinion and I have only listened fully 2 times... So, the above is subject to change... Time for my 3rd time through...

Back