Official thread for Final Frontier discussion

Re: Official thread for Final Frontier discussion (Spoilers inside)

That's so cool about Amazon shooting up. I wonder what Maiden will debut at on Billboard. It's not exactly a strong week overall for releases, so unless there's a big pull for John without the cougar Mellencamp, Iron Maiden's going to be the highest charting new release. The previous couple of weeks don't really have much except some Lady Gaga crap and Arcade Fire. So, I honestly think that Maiden's gonna debut top 5 in America. How cool would it be if they somehow got number one in the US? Just give a great big ol' Eff you to the American music corporate machine that pushes trends and styles on people without letting them think for themselves.

It would be an amazing slap in the face of corporate America.. That said, people do have a right to choose what they listen to.. i.e.  they can shut the friggn TV off as well as the useless F.M. radio stations out there.. I like to refer to the average people these days as the "sheeple".. They always end of being led to the slaughter when its too late.. Thats why I cherish every Maiden morsel and savor it. The average idiot doesnt get it, and they wont get it.

Bring me your daughter, Bring me your daughter, To the Slaughter!!!!!!
PS.  Im starting to change my mind about Starblind.. This ais an Adrian song, correct??

Smith and Dickinson.

Well yeah, people can pick whatever they want, and not everything commercial is garbage and all that... but that said, I think it's a powerful statement about how strong Maiden's fanbase is, because we're actually purchasing a whole album, while a lot of the industry is having everything fall through its fingers.

We are many, and we are proud.  :p

Rivet_Head said:
No doubt about it. I will be at the local record shop (not Best Buy - they can fuck off) supporting the local business guy, and of course the good blokes that are IRON MAIDEN.

I still look forward to reading the lyrics and listening just like its the first time I ever heard it.

HELL YES!

Half the fun of being a Maiden fan are the other fans.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks. :)

You know, I heard it but I don't remember.  :(

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be much love for TMWWBK.  After a few listens I have placed that as my favorite song...

Lampwick 43 said:
I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be much love for TMWWBK.  After a few listens I have placed that as my favorite song...

I didn't like it much at first. It clicked finally this last playthrough. I think the Talisman is just one tough act to follow.

that's true. I think that over the next few weeks my favorite song will constantly be changing as I get more used to the album.

TMWBK has grown on me. For me, the acoustic intro makes it sound like it's going be this amazing, powerful epic, but then the way Bruce sings at 2:25 just seems boring and uninspired and to kind of brings the song down. It has grown on me a bit though and I definitely don't skip it because the does have other great elements.

TMWBK - No doubt - Another grower. .. This album is Growing into one brilliant piece of work. ... Now Im working on growing the Alchemist into something.. Its the only song I cant listen to in its entirety - I skip thru it.. Im forcing myself to stay focused on it..

TFF has NO repeating choruses?

The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier-The Final Frontier

Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy...Mother Of Mercy

Re: TFF has NO repeating choruses?

TFF is the only song that really has a repetitious chorus....but it doesn't really feel overly repetitious.

You know Mother Of Mercy doesnt go like that, silly. In between each Mother Of Mercy line, there's a different line, like "Angel of death desire"

That's why I put the dots between each MOM because MOM itself does get repeated, but it's still not as bad as past albums. Actually, I love the songs that have repeating choruses such as AMOLAD's FTGGOG and TLD so it's not that I'm complaining. I'm just pointing it out. Ya, it's really not that bad. :)
Also, Coming Home has a bit of repetition, but it's not too bad. AMAZING ballad for sure!

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Which song has the line about 19 maidens and what is the line?

Nineteen maidens guardians
Of the otherworld

from Isle Of Avalon

Wow, your definition of repetition is certainly different than mine. Mother of Mercy and Coming Home aren't repetitive in the least in my ears.

The Final Frontier is the only song on this album I'd call repetitive, and in no way is that a bad thing for that song. It works well for Final Frontier

Chorus, in general usually have some level of repetition. When they sing "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" 37 times in a row....THAT is a lot of repetition :lol:

Back