Official Star Wars Thread

Lucas himself went into this direction as the series evolved; I think the ships we saw in The Force Awakens are logical leaps forward compared to the ones we saw in Return of the Jedi, which were, themselves, logical leaps forward from the vessels we saw in Revenge of the Sith. The Naboo Starfighters were designed specifically to be different from anything we had ever seen, to give us the impression that Naboo was new - but also to give the long lasting impression that Naboo loses. Just like the Trade Federation loses. It's another tool that would have felt more significant in the hands of a better storyteller.
The ships I agree with, one thing I liked about the prequels is that we saw more OT like ships in ROTS and less in The Phantom Menace. This makes sense, just as the ships being similar enough to the ones in ROTJ while still being a bit different also makes sense. I just hope that we'll have evolved past TIE Fighters and X-Wings by IX.

I find it unfortunate that Disney and Lucas weren't able to work together at all. I still think he's a good ideas man and a great world builder. He has good ideas when it comes to design too. This was the only thing that was missing from TFA for me really, but it doesn't hinder my enjoyment at all. If anything it just adds something to the list of what I hope to see with the next movies.

The ships I agree with, one thing I liked about the prequels is that we saw more OT like ships in ROTS and less in The Phantom Menace. This makes sense, just as the ships being similar enough to the ones in ROTJ while still being a bit different also makes sense. I just hope that we'll have evolved past TIE Fighters and X-Wings by IX.

I find it unfortunate that Disney and Lucas weren't able to work together at all. I still think he's a good ideas man and a great world builder. He has good ideas when it comes to design too. This was the only thing that was missing from TFA for me really, but it doesn't hinder my enjoyment at all. If anything it just adds something to the list of what I hope to see with the next movies.

I agree, Lucas has a good overall vision .. he bogs down in the details.

As for the ships, We have had a plane look essentially the same from day 1 .. different materials, different number of wings perhaps, but if you put the Wright Brothers and a plane from each decade up to now in a row, you can see the evolution from then to now ... I think the SW ships seem the same.

I saw The Force Awakens for the second time at the weekend, and enjoyed it once again.

Are we all happy to dispense with spoiler tags now?

I still think Chewie should have gone grey. Or bald.

I'm starting to get suspicious about Rey's parentage. I was leaning towards her being Kylo Ren's sister. However, I also wondered if she could be fatherless, as per (supposedly) Anakin. Han seems to know nothing about her, but Leia's reaction to her was more difficult to read.

If Leia is Rey's mother, she's pulling some Obi-Wan level deception here.

If the Force is the father... he seems to get his kicks on desert planets.

I think it was Mosh that said something about twists and no one would be surprised if she was the daughter of Luke. I'd find it hard to believe she is the daughter of Leia.

First theory: If she's Luke's daughter, its from Mara Jade (who maybe we meet in the X-wing movie??) and he doesn't know he has a daughter.
Second theory: Obi-wan was messing around during those years on Tatooine and this is a grand-daughter of his.

I hope the reveal is something crazy (plausible) but not so obvious as Luke or Leia's child. And, no, not Luke AND Leia's child. :/

I don't mind if she's Luke's daughter, just as long as they don't play it off as a major twist. Reveal it in a similar way to how Kylo Ren being Han's son was revealed. Obi Wan would be cool and would open the door to an Obi Wan movie starring McGregor. I'm all for that.
At this point I think I'd prefer she's not related to anyone though.

Mara Jade is out of canon, as far as I am aware. I hated the character. Never thought she was an appropriate match for Luke. Sorry.

I hope Finn is just a guy. Han Solo was just a guy.

It's possible. I choose to believe Lando has thousands of sons on hundreds of worlds.

Mara Jade is out of canon, as far as I am aware. I hated the character. Never thought she was an appropriate match for Luke. Sorry.
She is, but I feel like JJ and co are taking obvious inspiration from the EU, at least the early works. I think they're slowly going to bring some of the better products of the EU back into cannon with their own revisions and such. KOTOR for example. So I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced something similar to Mara Jade if they decide to go that route.

Back