Official Star Wars Thread

That said, since the movies use completely different approach, I can definitely see someone liking the first 6 movies and hating TFA, just as I could see someone loving OT and TFA and hating the prequels. I agree the new movie has been very "post-modernish", and I get how someone could dislike that... just as - were I not aware Abrams directed it - I would have suspected Joss Whedon to be behind it all. It's just the way the myths are managed today. It's not always nice and it is usually quite cynical, but people seem to want that, nowadays.

Maturin, you're free to think as you like, but at this point you're also trolling here. We've banned other members, like PlayClassics, for less. The ice is getting thinner.

If that's the case of you don't wanting a discussion of different opinions here, SinisterMinsterX, feel free to ban me. But then I also ask you to please remove all my posts with me as I don't want to be remembered as a member of such an unwelcoming/unaccepting community.

Okay, to swerve the discussion away from banning and other unpleasant things - I cannot be the first one to think Daisy Ridley outside the role reeeealy looks like an illegitimate daughter of Keira Knightley, right?

Daisy Ridley is better looking than Kiera Knightley, and doesn't have a rake for a body.

I saw The Force Awakens for the second time this afternoon and I think I could listen to Daisy Ridley's voice all day. :wub:

Another perhaps less misogynistic comment I have is:

Could Supreme Leader Snoke be human? The close-ups of his face don't look too dissimilar from a human's face, just a bit messed up like he'd been trapped in a burning building. His gaunt appearance and sunken cheeks actually reminded me of Grand Moff Tarkin. Although he was killed in IV when Luke blew up the Death Star.

So, since the TFA story is clearly based on Ep. IV, here's how I break it down:

Rey = Luke. The new Jedi, now at the new Dagobah to train with the new Yoda (the actual Luke).
Poe = Han. The guy with some wider experience of the galaxy who can come in to save the day.
Finn = Leia. The one with the inside info that makes the Rebel attack possible.

Therefore: I predict Finn in a bikini in Ep. IX. :smartarse:

Ladies and gentlemen of Maidenfans, we have now officially reached the point where I advise all forum members to stop replying to this troll. He is clearly not on the same page as the rest of civilization, and filling this thread with trying to talk sense into Maturin is getting really, really old.

SinisterMinisterX, as far as I'm concerned we were having an insightful conversation in this thread. @Mosh showed a few problems in my thinking, which I'm happy to acknowledge (he is definitely right) and I can't understand why you state I'm trolling unless you misunderstand what I wrote in the post you quoted and put in bold. All fictional universes rely on the suspension of disbelief through rules and logic that's inherent for that universe. I tried to show how Abrams have shifted this, in part (through my understanding of Star Wars, which may still be flawed - but I'm writing this not as much to argue set opinions than to make up for a discussion that can lead to new understandings and insights), and I further ran with the idea of how it would have been if you'd done like for example that scene in Troy (2004) where Brad Pitt's Achilles dies. (He pulls out the arrows in his chest and is found with a single arrow through his heel, thus giving rise to the legend as we know it. Simple, and very typical for our current fiction. Realism/naturalism, with a hint of meta and thus post modernist to a point - heavy handed or not.

If the moderators of Maidenfans wouldn't like this discussion to take place, fine (it's probably less messy to have circlejerks where everybody just loves everything Star Wars in here and continue to reinforce that the prequels are 'just bad'), but I'm not trolling and we do have several poster here who have decided to try to make some sense in my ramblings and respond with well intended and well thought out replies. Thus, we were having a discussion. What else do you have this forum for? An endless circlejerk? If it turned to unpleasantries/insults I'd understand, but as far as I see it didn't.

So, since the TFA story is clearly based on Ep. IV, here's how I break it down:

Rey = Luke. The new Jedi, now at the new Dagobah to train with the new Yoda (the actual Luke).
Poe = Han. The guy with some wider experience of the galaxy who can come in to save the day.
Finn = Leia. The one with the inside info that makes the Rebel attack possible.

Therefore: I predict Finn in a bikini in Ep. IX. :smartarse:

But who is Jabba the Hutt?

a8MW9KO_460s_v1.jpg

Back