Official Star Wars Thread

Cool. :p Lego games are fun. People say they are all the same, but I haven't really played any of them since Lego Star Wars 2, so I guess it's going to feel pretty fresh to me. Shame it didn't come out closer to the film. But damn... They're already advertising season pass and 'exclusive content' even for this...

Don't play video games at all anymore, but those Lego Star Wars-games were brilliant - especially with a friend. And with a friend I mean anyone from 5 year old to your grandmother. Everyone could play them and it was still fun.

Very excited for this, Lego Star Wars is one of my favorite video games.

Don't play video games at all anymore, but those Lego Star Wars-games were brilliant - especially with a friend. And with a friend I mean anyone from 5 year old to your grandmother. Everyone could play them and it was still fun.

Yeah, those were fun games .. a rare one that works for all ages and skill levels

So a friend of mine pointed out something that I totally didn't think about before but now it seems really obvious: Rey's British accent. Obviously I noticed it in the movie, but when thinking about who Rey might be related to, this is a big clue in favor of her being related to Obi Wan instead of Luke. But what really seals the deal on this for me is the fact that John Boyega also has a British accent, but he uses an American one in the movie. So they're not just allowing every character to have whatever accent the actor has, it's relevant to who the character is.

Theory about Obi-Wan is interesting, but it's a bit of a reach. Less crazy than some others, though... Personally, I don't think accents are that relevant. Besides, as someone pointed out somewhere, accents are not genetic. :p Boyega said he started with British, but was asked by J.J. to change it on the go. I think they pick whatever sounds better for characters.

I think Rey being Obi-Wan's daughter would be a big shit in the face. Obi-Wan clearly is a Jedi who's subscribing to every bit of the Jedi's teachings. Even old Obi-Wan is this strict, stiff guy. I like him. He's my favourite Star Wars-character by far, but he's the least likely to have a daughter.

CafLmMUVIAAJ4YW.jpg:large

(Found on Twitter ;))

I think Rey being Obi-Wan's daughter would be a big shit in the face. Obi-Wan clearly is a Jedi who's subscribing to every bit of the Jedi's teachings. Even old Obi-Wan is this strict, stiff guy. I like him. He's my favourite Star Wars-character by far, but he's the least likely to have a daughter.
He also had a teacher who didn't subscribe to every bit of the Jedi's teachings and a student who helped destroy it. One of the lessons at the end of the ROTS (imo) is that dogma can be dangerous and the Jedi were partially responsible for their own destruction. I would imagine all that time in isolation would make Obi Wan rethink his principles.

One of the lessons at the end of the ROTS (imo) is that dogma can be dangerous and the Jedi were partially responsible for their own destruction.
Obi-Wan and Yoda certainly went against their own teachings and lessons when they agreed to teach Luke, who, for whatever else he might be, was certainly too old and not of the right mind for Jedis of old.

When episodes 1-3 released, the novelizations were released a month prior to the film but with the new trilogy, it has been switched unfortunatley. Now have to wait weeks after the film releases to read book.

It was nice during the prequels to read the story prior to seeing the film...however in the case of TFA, i purposely did not read any reviews prior to seeing the film.

Will read TFA novel soon. Gives more back story to characters, names characters that were seen on screen (but not named), gets you inside the head of main characters.

It was nice during the prequels to read the story prior to seeing the film
On the other hand, the overall story of the prequels was already known going into the movies so the books wouldn't give away all that much. This new trilogy is all new story, so it makes sense they aren't releasing the novel in advance.

On the other hand, the overall story of the prequels was already known going into the movies so the books wouldn't give away all that much. This new trilogy is all new story, so it makes sense they aren't releasing the novel in advance.
I do not agree in regards to episode 3. We knew Anakin would become Vader but we did not know why or how. How & why the remaining Jedi vanished was also not known prior to episode 3.

Btw, storywise, the book was MUCH better than the film. Palpatine's seduction of Anakin was more drawn out.

Yes but we all knew what the end game was. The how's and why's aren't as much of a spoiler as Anakin becoming Darth Vader in the end.

Back