Official Hockey discussion thread

Alex!  Ko!  Va!  Lev!

And next depends on who wins with Philly-Washington.  If Philly wins, Habs play them.  If Washington wins, Habs play Rangers.

Did you guy's hear the crowed sing nana na nana na heyy heyy goodbye with three Minutes left that was awesome I love the passion of the Habs fans(I herd there was looting after the game a liquor store got cleaned out hahaha).

Yeah!  Looting and cop cars apparently being torched. 

I thought the Caps would win.  Too bad for the Flames.

Gotta run to work. 

Just making the playoffs was success enough for the caps, like for the pens last season, which means they have no excuse for the up coming trek. I also feel bad for the flames, but relieved the Habs made it through. Can't wait for the second round to start :D

Yeah, this is gonna be good!  We have had lots of OT and a few game 7's, and I think its only gonna get better. 

Ahem.  The Calder Trophy nominees have been announced:
Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, and Nicklas Backstrom.

Who do you think should win?

Backstrom?!?! Are you kidding me? Patrick Kane for sure!

I really know almost nothing about hockey, I'm just sorry the Caps lost last night, that was quite a series even if I couldn't QUITE follow all of it.

Backstrom, for the same reason Ovie is getting MVP, caps made the playoffs, hawks didn't and he had just as much to do with it. However the way voting goes for EVERY trophy they are going to look at production which means Kane is getting it for leading all rookies with 72 points.

It's been bullshit the way they do that recently.  "Who has the most wins/points?  They get it.  Yay!"

So, who is your vote, LC?

I looked through the list of past winners, and its definately a 'who's who' of players.

(as opposed to some awards seen in football or baseball, where the guy is there one year and gone a few later)

The Pens haven't lost a game so far in the playoffs...that won't last.  Rangers are going to win a couple.

That's so funny, seriously, I'm laughing just thinking about that remote possibility. It's cool, it's cool, they'll make believers out of aaaaall y'all nay sayers, you bunch of horses you.

Nothing Jagr could do, though he did his best.  Did you see that behind the net, walk out front, sharp angle top corner shot on Fleury?  Phew. That's why he's still one of the best players in hockey.

There was a piece on NHL.com saying that it took the Rangers a team effort, and in another piece Jagr says neither Crosby or Malkin are what Lemieux used to be, because the game is so team oriented now, rather than star player oriented, which I actually disagree with him on that, but yeah, He can't do it all by himself, and neither can King Henrik, he's been great, but the guys up front are not helping much.

I'm getting more and more convinced that Pittsburgh will take it all, while Montreal won't even beat Philadelphia.  The Habs only want to play the third period.  You can't win like that.  Price's inexperience is showing like the puck hitting the glove and going in, but I'm not going to blame him, the guys up front are sleepy most of the time.  If Habs lose tonight -- it is all over for them!

Montreal has only come back once from a 3-1 deficit, that's for true.  But they can win tonight.

Back