Official Hockey discussion thread

LooseCannon said:
Let's do an aside from the NHL.  The World Hockey Championships are coming up in Halifax, and I don't have tickets.  But it looks like Shane Doan, Rick Nash, Jonathan Toews, and Eric Staal are all coming back.

That would be sweet, I love the world championships and world cups, though I still think the Olympics are the shit. At any rate I hope to catch some games.

GuineaPig said:
I'm a diehard Sens fans so I'm calling for the Sens to sweep.

That made me laugh, no seriously good joke :)

GuineaPig said:
I'm a diehard Sens fans so I'm calling for the Sens to sweep.

[sub]Please?[/sub]

I'm sorry buddy.  I'd like all Canadian teams to do well, but they ain't got a chance in hell.  :(

The Habs are going to trounce Boston, man.  They have a decent chance of making it to the Conference Final.

Onhell said:
That made me laugh, no seriously good joke :)

I have a couple more gems up my sleeve.

I think I'm going to watch every game in the presence of a broom, just in case I need it.

Now, Ottawa has a chance.  Let me explain how it happens.

1. Gerber gets on his game.  He had it at the beginning of the year.  He could get it back.
2. Spezza & Heatley play at their elite level.  They didn't last year during the playoff finals and they have been somewhat lackluster the last of this year.  If this was a lesser team they were facing, it'd be alright, but they are overmatched by Crosby, Hossa, and Malkin.
3. Ottawa's defense steps it up.  Philips, Redden, et al have been lackluster of late.  The best D in the stretch drive was probably Mike Commodore.
4. Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr revert to being 25 and decide to play for Ottawa.

LooseCannon said:
Now, Ottawa has a chance.  Let me explain how it happens.

1. Gerber gets on his game.  He had it at the beginning of the year.  He could get it back.
2. Spezza & Heatley play at their elite level.  They didn't last year during the playoff finals and they have been somewhat lackluster the last of this year.  If this was a lesser team they were facing, it'd be alright, but they are overmatched by Crosby, Hossa, and Malkin.
3. Ottawa's defense steps it up.  Philips, Redden, et al have been lackluster of late.  The best D in the stretch drive was probably Mike Commodore.
4. Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr revert to being 25 and decide to play for Ottawa.

They have a chance?? They took the season series 3-1!!!!!!!!

And Cherry says they can do it!!

GuineaPig said:
They have a chance?? They took the season series 3-1!!!!!!!!

And Cherry says they can do it!!

That is true, however they have lost A LOT of steam. The stormed out of the gate, but as LC has stated, Spezza, who had 30 points in a span of two months and Heatly who had like 20 and was a top the charts in goals, lost it towards the end, they are also without Alfie and.... some other dudes who are KEY. And most importantly, Emery is a inconsistent, unprofessional thug and I believe one of the MAJOR reasons for Ottawa's fall from grace and Gerber is inconsistent, which forces Ottawa's D to be PERFECT game in and game out... Sure they have a shot, they are a good club (very good), but the planets have to align the right way for them. 

Powergirl81 said:
...Saw Jersey got pounded too. They used to be a great team...like in 1995

And in 2000... and in 2003

I'm glad OTT had their asses handed to them by Roberts and the rest of the pens :D game two tonight bitches!

So I'm watching the Ottawa-Pittsburgh game, and what do I hear coming from the stadium speakers during a break?

"Your time will come!  Your time will cooooooooooome!  Your time will come!  Your time will cooooooooommee!"

Fuckin' A.

LooseCannon said:
So I'm watching the Ottawa-Pittsburgh game, and what do I hear coming from the stadium speakers during a break?

"Your time will come!  Your time will cooooooooooome!  Your time will come!  Your time will cooooooooommee!"

Fuckin' A.

Yeah I heard that too...

AND JESUS CHRIST SENS JUST WHEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAKING A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they get swept... The Devils too... that would be sweetness wrapped in rainbows and sunshine

Did you see CuJo standing tall as the Flames came back!!  The old man still has it!!

@Onhell-- the Devils get a win  :bigsmile: (sorry, couldn't resist-- I think I'm the only one here that kinda likes them)

joseph_curtis_190.jpg

Cujo is better than he gets credit for and yeah, unfortunately I am aware of the Devil's "victory". Why did I put in quotes? Does anything I say or do make any sense? Exactly...

Back