Official Hockey discussion thread

1st Intermission.

Jaroslav Halak is in net.  This is his first starter in a play-off game and he has been good.  Biron has been great too.  The main thing that I see is the penalty killing by Flyers.  They're tight defensively but are also aggressive when a Hab forward just gets the puck.  So much has just been commented on during the game.  Flyers even scored a short-handed goal last game.  Still this first period is better than the last game for the Habs.  Hope remains.  :D

The Habs have quite the task ahead of them. LC is right, I believe it was in 04 against the Bruins when they did exactly that. But Price or Halak have to be more consistent and not so much the forwards, but the D has to tighten up just a tad.

Man, I am feeling for you.  I thought the first period was a great watch, and it kinda went away from there.  They looked to have some good chances, but just faded away.  Gotta say I missed most of the third, just checked in at the end.

Is Price going back in the net?

Who knows at this point... Had Price played last night Halak in net for tomorrow would have been a given, but now who knows. Pens sweep tonight :D

It wasn't me - it was Jaromir Jagr.

Colorado crashes and burns in fine fashion, 8-2 loss.

He did play well, no denying that. As for Colorado... *sigh* I miss the good ol' days of the rivalry.

[*Expletives removed]

I'm rooting for the Pens now.  They're not really my team, but with the Habs, Flames and Avs out there is no one left I care to see win.  Anyone but the Fliers.

Detroit vs. Dallas?  No love for the Stars?  Could be a very competitive series.  Turco is playing amazing hockey, and Dallas is a much better team for the addition of Brad Richards.

honestly they are both tough series to predict, I think they'll both go at least 6 games.

Time to get involved in this thread as well. I don't watch much NHL since the games are played in the middle of the night (CET). But I have an idea about what's going on ...

But here I'm going to express how pleased I am with Norway's performance against Finland in the IIHF World Championships in Canada. Getting a draw against the Finns isn't something we see often here, we usually get stuffed by them. Being an elevator team going up and down between the A and B championships, it's cool to see we actually can perform well against one of the best teams in the world. Well, we lost 3-2 in sudden death, but one point against Suomi is one more than expected  :)

However, due to Germany's surprising 4-2 win against Slovakia, we'll have a tough time going through to the next stage. We'll have to beat the Germans as well, it's as simple as that. But if we can draw against Finland, why not beat Germany?

Did anyone see the highlights from the Stars-Sharks Game 6?  Simply the best all playoffs so far.  THE most amazing saves (and game-savers!) all playoffs from Turco and Nabokov.  Check 'em out!

Im thinking the wings are going to put out Dallas in 5 games and its a hard call for the flyers and pen's I think the "tuff guys" from the pens are going to be geting a little more ice time since the flyers are all about playing rough. If the pen's suck it up and dont let the flyers get under there skins I think they can take it.

Holy crap. We nearly held Canada (!) to a draw after 3*20 ... and then with just a little more than 3 minutes to go, Rick Nash manages to plow through our defense and get that little round rubber thing behind our goalie.

The Canadian players seemed to get quite grumpy in the 3rd period - the first half of the period was packed with 2-minute penalties. Most of the Canadian penalties were for slashings and high-sticking, while ours were for hooking and holding. Actually we should've been able to take the lead after we had a period of more than 4 minutes in power play. But Canada were extremely good in box play in this period. And when we got another penalty with just five minutes left, the writing on the wall was all to clear ...

Both the Wings and Pens are up 3-0!!! They can sweep their series by the end of the week! While I think the Flyers have a better chance than the Stars to force at least a game 5, sweeps seem extremely likely. Wings vs. Pens final is going to rock the NHL's socks off!!!

Back