Official Hockey discussion thread

Patrice Brisebois first play-offs goals since 2004 wins the game.  Canadiens take it on Thursday.  I just know it!  Now to the Flames' game.  :)

1-0!!!! HOLY SHIT! The Habs have this one. The Bruins being their bitches for the past few post seasons aside, they have this one.

Pens sweep tonight :D

Yep.  And now you should be upset at your entire team for shitting the bed in a huge way.

I don't necessarily think that's true.  I think both teams have extremely good players...but Ottawa was playing terribly.  Absolutely terribly.

true, but they had been doing that since the second half of the season, they were a sub .500 team, wtf? After a 15-2 start. Whoever the Pens face next will be a bigger test.

Looks like it might be either Philly or NYR...Pittsburgh vs Philly would be one hell of a series!

Just read they'll face the winner of the NJ vs. NYR series unless Boston apeaces the gods and they bless them (or vex MTL) and pull one hell of a Christmas miracle by overcoming the 3-1 defeceit only 2 teams in history have been able to do...

Looks like the Caps fairy tale is not going to have a happy ending (not THAT type of happy ending you perves!) and MTL suffered a minor set back in beating the Bruins. Now, I hate to say "told you so" but I'll keep announcing the Pens sweeping OTT, because who knows how the next round will go :D I was 100% sure of this one, but the next is more iffy.

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of Dominick Hasek. At this point in his career his employed on reputation alone and that rep is slowly changing from one of the best goalies ever to an often injured, unreliable old fart. Ottawa signed him specifically to make a cup run, gets hurt right before playoff time, he runs away back to Detroit and this season fucks up. Osgood is very capable, if memory serves me right it was on his shoulders Detroit won in '98...

Hmm, Montreal's in trouble... From being up 3-1 they are facing a game 7... I guess as I Bruin fan I should be happy, but I'm not.

Don't remind me.  And you can't blame Carey Price for tonight...the rest of the team just didn't play.  Except for the Koivu-Higgins-Kostitsyn line, they were great.

Montreal takes it 5:0.  :bigsmile:

I did not know how this game would turn out given that they've performed poorly, especially in the third period, as of late.  The second goal by Mark Streit was great as was the one following (forgot who scored that one).  Seeing Kovalev push around Chara was amusing.  He really lit the fire under the teams butt this game.  It was funny because I expected them to start blowing it in the second and when Boston had two power plays, I was worried.  The thoughts "if Boston does not score in the first few minutes in the third" Montreal will win kept going through my head.  Rangers are next, I believe.

EDIT: I almost forgot.  Price was superb in net especially before the second goal when Boston was attacking like crazy.

GO HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sub]Now that Ottawa's out...[/sub]

Back