Official Football Thread

Lovely. Ramos must feel stupid now for taking that deliberate yellow so he could miss this game! (Personally, I think Ramos should start every game with a yellow card :devil2:)

Not so lovely is the thought that Man Utd will have to copy this feat tomorrow to go through ... with Pogba, Matic, Herrera, Martial, and Lingard missing. I'm not very optimistic.

Solari:
w41Nhjl.gif

The extent of Real's decline in the absence of Ronaldo and Zidane is pretty remarkable. They've looked lost all season.

Real aside, Ajax is very, very good. As I said after Leg 1, it's a shame they won't be able to keep the team together. Frenkie De Jong is already off to Barcelona. I highly doubt Matthijs de Ligt, Donny van de Beek and Davis Neres stick around for too long.

You're not going to believe this. I had forgotten about it completely (the football channel was off, my mind elsewhere and I was watching a DVD, an enjoyable British war film from 1943: We Dive at Dawn)
p6217_v_v8_aa.jpg

.... and just woke up with the great news I just saw a 4 minute summary.

This was a day for the history books. One newspaper called it the greatest achievement in the history of the club, even greater than the European successes from the Cruijff era. Because these days the differences between Ajax / the Dutch league and the rest of Europe seem bigger than then. Tadic is fucking awesome.

Last edited:
Back