Official Football Thread

Real got carried by referees to three straight CL titles, nothing surprises me anymore.

My take away from the game is how unfortunate it is that Ajax can't hold onto their players. Frankie De Jong is already off to PSG. They sold Davinson Sanchez and Justin Kluivert in the previous years, will most certainly offload Matthijs de Ligt, Ronny van de Beek and David Neres in the near future, too. Would be a CL contender for years to come.

*Barcelona

Oh, I thought it was PSG. They made a blank cheque offer to him but he favored Barcelona instead, apparently.

Wise move. He fits Barça like a glove.

This means that Chelsea may actually have to start using the youth players they've currently got instead of sending them out on loan all the time.

I go to look at the Manchester United vs. Liverpool score and at half time there have been four substitutions already. o_O Herrera off after 21 minutes, Lingard on for Mata after 25 minutes, Sturridge on for Firmino after 31 minutes, and Sanchez on for Lingard after 43 minutes. Carnage.

With Matic and Martial out already before the game and losing Herrera, Lingard and Mata before half time, I can't really complain about a draw. But there is no doubt this Liverpool team is nowhere as good as they were before Christmas. Judging by recent form, Mansour Al-City will cruise to the title now.

At the end of the match Jurgen Klopp said to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "Fucking hell, what a shit game". :D

Claude Puel has been sacked. This one has been a few months in the making as the fans turned on him earlier in the season. I reckon he'd have been sacked before Christmas if it hadn't been for the helicopter crash. According to BBC Radio Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel have all been sacked after six winless matches: 666! :edmetal:

Career finished
Massive exaggeration.

I listened on the radio and it sounded farcical. Kepa cost £75M so Chelsea won't get rid of him for this, but Sarri might drop him for a few matches. Sarri will be on his way soon anyway. Kepa's antics show that Sarri clearly doesn't command the respect of the squad so Sarri might just pack it in.

I'm fine with Real being eliminated. I was hoping for them to eliminate Ronaldo & co. later but looks like Atletico will do that instead.

Back