Official Football Thread

Bye!

148obMQ.gif

Lukaku needed for Man Utd.

I respect Buffon for not leaving when they got relegated. Unlike that cunt Pirlo who said he never would've done it because he knows no loyalty. Saved? :D

What a shit game. Milan's final game tomorrow and then finally the season's over. Tbh first time in a while I was looking forward to the end of it. Bring on the World Cup!

Neutral fans must be thinking that neither team deserved to win a trophy today. What a shit game of football.
I thought it was better than that. United should have taken one of their chances in the second half (Sanchez was offside - great call from the linesman!) but the flow of the second half was dictated by the scoreline from the first half. Chelsea could've had a penalty for Ashley Young's handball, but I think it would've been harsh. The BBC commentators suggested there was arm-to-ball movement but I think that was just regular arm movement that happens from running. Not a classic FA Cup final by any means, but significantly better than the snoozefest from two years ago.

The Netherlands under 17 are European champions (for the third time; previous two were in 2011 and 2012). The last three matches by penalties.

QF vs Ireland (0-0, win after penalties: 5-4; check this out! *)
SF vs England (1-1, win after penalties: 6-5)
Final vs Italy (2-2, win after penalties: 4-1)

* insane development:
The Netherlands miss their last penalty (which would be the winning one) but the Irish goalkeeper gets a red card (his second yellow) for moving too early from his line!! I can't see it clearly to be honest.
The penalty is retaken, a field player goes in the goal. Score.
For the controversial card, go to the 55th second here:

The tournament took place in England. In Rotherham (final), Chesterfield, Walsall, Burton (two different stadiums) and Loughborough.

Countries winning the tournament three or more times:

23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain 9 (1986, 1988, 1991, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2007, 2008, 2017)
23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png
Portugal 6 (1989, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2003, 2016)
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany 3 (1984, 1992, 2009)
23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands 3 (2011, 2012, 2018)
23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png
Russia 3 (1985, 2006, 2013)

One or two times:
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France 2 (2004, 2015)
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England 2 (2010, 2014)
23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png
Turkey 2 (1994, 2005) @The Flash
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy 1 (1982)
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
Czech Republic 1 (1990)
23px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
Poland 1 (1993)
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland 1 (2002)
23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
Republic of Ireland 1 (1998)

Last edited:
BREAKING: Arsenal to appoint Unai Emery as new manager. Thorough process produced 46yo Spaniard as unanimous choice. Available after leaving #PSG (1 Lg1 title, 4 cups), previously Sevilla (3 EL wins), not fluent English. Announcement + press conference likely later this week #AFC

After winning just one away game in 2018, Arsenal appoint Emery who in his last season at Sevilla failed to win a single away league game :D

I think he'll make it until the end of the season, but I'm not too optimistic, Robbie.

After winning just one away game in 2018, Arsenal appoint Emery who in his last season at Sevilla failed to win a single away league game :D
He also won the UEFA Cup three years in a row as Sevilla manager. Clearly has no idea how to win trophies. ::)

It seems like they just went for whoever has recently been successful and is currently available than actually find the right person. I suppose he does fit the Arsenal template of capitulating in the Champions League though.

BREAKING: Arsenal to appoint Unai Emery as new manager. Thorough process produced 46yo Spaniard as unanimous choice. Available after leaving #PSG (1 Lg1 title, 4 cups), previously Sevilla (3 EL wins), not fluent English. Announcement + press conference likely later this week #AFC

I think he'll make it until the end of the season, but I'm not too optimistic, Robbie.

This might be the most Arsenalesque appointment that Arsenal has ever done.

:D

Back