Official Football Thread

Why the hell is Jesse Lingard in the starting 11 when you have Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford on the bench?

Just for one mistake? Really? He was very solid for Barça.
The goal and the Rooney tackle, where he was very lucky not to give away a penalty. I haven't seen him do mistakes like that at Barca, maybe because he had a very good competitor in Ter Stegen and IMHO that was what kept him on his toes all of the time. Well, maybe he shouldn't have his debut at City in the Manchester derby.

As an Arsenal fan, it's not great for me to see both Manchester teams be so strong, but it's damn fun to watch this rivalry. Great squads and Mourinho vs. Guardiola, too.

The next time I'm frustrated with the referee in Norwegian 1. division, I'll recall the last few minutes of ARsenal-Southampton and remember they're no better in the EPL.

Those are the sort of points that Arsenal need in order to be in the chase come Febuary. Othetwise their complete capitulation isnt quite as funny/ridiculous/inevitable

Last season was our chance to win the title. United, City and Chelsea were all shit and we were on form for most of the season. That January-February form fucked us over, couldn't stop Leicester from taking control.

I didn't have any hopes for a title challenge before the season, said it'd be between the Manchester teams. Don't think Chelsea will be in it either, they don't have the depth.

Cristiano Ronaldo apparently envisions himself playing 10 years more for Real. I'd expect him to go to the MLS and retire around 36, surprised that he sees himself at the top level until his 40s. Won't put it against him though, he has the GOAT level work ethic among footballers.

Cristiano Ronaldo apparently envisions himself playing 10 years more for Real. I'd expect him to go to the MLS and retire around 36, surprised that he sees himself at the top level until his 40s. Won't put it against him though, he has the GOAT level work ethic among footballers.
Yeah, I would normally be suspicious of that kind of claim, but his level of fitness and commitment is pretty spectacular, and if anyone could do it, it would be him (and I am by no means a fan of his).

Once again, Costa scores after committing several borderline fouls (dive, using elbow in aerial duel) while already on a yellow. And this time with a bicycle kick that hits the face of an opponent. Why are referees such cowards when it comes to this individual?

Balotelli scores 2 goals on his debut for OGC Nice :nana:

I really want him to do well there and prove the haters wrong. I'm still bitter we sold him to friggin' Liverpool who proceeded to ruin him. He was decent for Milan in his first spell - 30 goals in 54 matches. He was injured in his 2nd spell and missed the end product. Nice resurrected Ben Arfa, hope they can do the same with Balo.

Balotelli has noone but himself to blame for being ruined.

I hope he turns it around, too. Big waste of talent.

Back