Official Football Thread

Was about to say how I'm weirded out that Arsenal has Ospina in goal, Xhaka and both strikers on the bench, Ox starting and Sanchez as a striker... and they concede in the first 50 seconds lol

Feel bad for Beşiktaş. They've been basically playing without a goalkeeper for three years and the manager has a love affair with him. Great team otherwise, definitely could get out of the group stage with a better keeper.

A cracking freekick from Talisca at the 93rd minute to bring Beşiktaş a point, against the team that he's loaned from :D

1. Feyenoord 1- 3 ( 1- 0)
2. Fenerbahçe 1- 1 ( 1- 1)
3. Zorja Loegansk 1- 1 ( 1- 1)
4. Manchester Utd 1- 0 ( 0- 1)
:cool:

On Feyenoord - Man U (1-0):
The goal might have been offside although I haven't seen a good camera angle. We were lucky that the linesman couldn't see it well either.

Of course I was happy that Feyenoord won, but also glad that Man U didn't win. They don't treat this tournament very seriously and I felt it would be sad if they got away with their bad play last night.

Inter - Hapoel Beer Sheva: 0-2
laughing-gif10.gif

They don't treat this tournament very seriously

How so? The starting XI was pretty strong. Only Zlatan, Rooney and Shaw were missing from what would nominally be seen as a best XI, and at least for Rooney you could argue it was due to Mourinho not being happy with his level of performance, not just due to him wanting to rest his best players.

The starting XI was no worse than what Ferguson, Moyes and Van Gaal has been using in group stage games in the CL before, and you surely wouldn't say Man Utd haven't taken that tournament seriously?

That aside: It was a shit game, and 0-0 would've been a fitting result. Had the linesman done his job, it would also have been the result, but that's just bad luck. I'm obviously not happy with the performance.

I thought they didn't try very hard. Played on automatc pilot, with the handbrake on. Mourinho did look very agitated so we might see some more offensive energy next time.

Hooligans right outside my building today:

Not my video and I didn't see it until it appeared on the news. Still scary though. Red Star-Partizan is played today, so shit like this is expected.

City already looking like a team that had Pep as its manager for years.

I expect them to be a full on powerhouse in the future. They have something special brewing. Best academic facilities in the world at the moment, they have Txiki Begiristain, the former football director of Barça handling the football affairs and they have a fantastic scouting system. And of course, they have shit ton of money.

If I recall correctly, City won their first 5 games last season without conceding a goal but ended the season in 4th place. It's still too early to tell. We'll see how Pep will do when injuries hit and winter schedule piles up.

Depth was an issue for them last year, not anymore. They have a lot of options everywhere. Yaya Touré isn't even making the matchday squad.

My comments were about the future anyway.

Man U are getting back to old post-Ferguson days again. Three defeats on the bounce is not good. Chuffed to bits for Leicester in the CL, though.

The Foxes look fucked so I wouldn't read too much into Utds performance. Still, good to see a bit of spark there. Rooney out.

Side note, the new FIFA has Rangers doing a Celtic style huddle :D

Rooney out, United destroys. Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Leicester living up to my expectations of a half table finish so far.

Back