Official Football Thread

Oh my, Josep Guardiola is actually fielding a "normal" team for the team's first match in Bundesliga. Philipp Lahm at right back, David Alaba at left back. Hope it stays this way.

Man United with another solid defensive display. The attacking is underwhelming. One magical pass from Mata to Januzaj provides the difference between the teams. Rooney looks like he's on tranquilizers.

Schweinsteiger can provide some attacking power when he returns to form. Way bigger attacking threat than Schneiderlin and Carrick. But yeah, you do need someone to replace Di Maria. Probably Pedro.

Well, bigger attacking threat than Schneiderlin and Carrick isn't that much of a feat as they both are meant to be United's more defensive midfielders. Especially Carrick. His main role when United has the ball is to provide a passing option. I'd like to see him take a shot at goal more often, though - he's not half bad at it.

But I agree, a Di Maria replacement is needed. Especially as Valencia currently isn't half the winger he was a few years back. I don't like to see Mata out there, he belongs in the middle.

1314735_Manchester_United.jpg

Looks pretty good.

It does, although I'm not that comfortable with Blind as one of two central defenders. I see him as an option in midfield and would prefer Rojo in his place in defense.

Yeah I'm skeptical about it too, but he did play there for the first two games. Van Gaal seems to trust him.

Matija Nastasic has suffered a torn Achilles' tendon and will be out for six months. Not that we have a chance of qualifying for the EUROs, but still, he's our best remaining center back... Subotic also stopped playing for the national team 2 years ago. Vidic retired 4 years ago and is always injured anyway. :( Big center back drought.

I'm confident my teams will reach their goals this season.
Northern Ireland will get to Euros, Linfield will win the League and Rangers will get promoted to the SPL...

Chelsea in complete meltdown mode and I love it :D

Selling Schürrle and loaning out Salah for Cuadrado seems so ridiculous now. Called it :p

LOL Chelsea. City is winning the title this season. They look vastly superior to anyone else. I called Chelsea being the champions two matches into the season last year, I'm calling City now.

Back