Official Football Thread

Cech having a nightmare of an Arsenal debut.

Not his debut. He played the Community Shield.

But yeah. Awful, awful game by the Gunners. Very disappointing start to what we thought could be a very promising season. On the other hand, West Ham don't seem like they're going to disappoint me. They were my candidate for the surprise team of the season with Dimitri Payet being the surprise player of the season. Payet himself was great today.

A good season for West Ham would hardly be a surprise though? They finished 6th last season. So by surprise, do you mean you think they'll do even better? Or just repeat their good 2014-2015 season?

I expect them to play far superior football this season compared to the last. But yeah, I expect them to finish 5th this season and possibly win the FA Cup.

I'll push my prediction for West Ham to 6th, forgot about the existence of Liverpool. I see the Top 6 being consisted of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, United, Liverpool and West Ham with Tottenham, Southampton and Newcastle following.

BTW, it's clear as crystal that Arsenal needs Karim Benzema. Wenger should stop being so stubborn and sign him.

Everton? Except last season, they've been pretty consistent just below the Champions League spots. They didn't start well yesterday, but I'd be surprised if they had another season like the last one.

Back