Official Football Thread

United was so frustrating today. Defence was rock solid, center midfield not too creative but solid defensively, and lots of chances created in the attack, but horrible finishing. Wish Young was subbed in instead of Valencia, would've been more useful IMO. Fellaini was really missing, happy he's coming back next game.

The way United started off the season really reminds me of Argentina in 2014 World Cup. Team with an incredibly powerful attacking line and weaker defensive line surprisingly finding success through their defense making up for the lacklustre attacking prowess.

West Ham not exactly doing a good job following up the promise they've shown earlier. I might have to revaluate my expectations from them this season.

Triple post, but Douglas Costa has looked absolutely dominant in his first few games as a Bayern player. Outshines everyone in the team, including Arjen Robben. Always wondered how on earth he still wasn't playing for a European giant during his last few years in Shakhtar.

United was so frustrating today. Defence was rock solid, center midfield not too creative but solid defensively, and lots of chances created in the attack, but horrible finishing. Wish Young was subbed in instead of Valencia, would've been more useful IMO. Fellaini was really missing, happy he's coming back next game.

I know its unpopular but i actually want him as starter in 9. Hes a nightmare for defenders. He will get United more goals.

Fellaini? I agree. For the next game I'd go with same defence and midfield and

Young Fellaini Memphis
Chicharito

in attack. Mata and Januzaj were ineffective today and Rooney was bad again. Time to shake up things a bit.

Young Fellaini Memphis
Chicharito

in attack. Mata and Januzaj were ineffective today and Rooney was bad again. Time to shake up things a bit.

LOVE IT!! The defence and mid is all good.

That attack would give both speed and strength. That be very interesting. I think we had 38 crosses today. Id rather have Chic exelent headers for a lil guy. And Big Fellas headers... not much to say about that. That line upp would give great pressence in the box.

Young Fellaini Memphis
Chicharito

Keep Rooney on there instead of Chicharito and you're set. Rooney would thrive playing with the help of Fellaini.

Chicha deserves a chance, he had good chances when he played in last 2 games while Rooney has been shit.

Chicharito has zero creativity, though. If you're gonna take away Mata, you need Rooney to be the player that can feed the wings. Rooney plays like shit because he has no help to battle the defenses.

He won't be a definitive starter and Mihajlovic won't take him if he doesn't behave. He's as strict as Conte or Van Gaal when it comes to player behaviour. Plus it's a free loan, low risk, high reward if he performs.

It's happening :okok:

Also Cuadrado is moving to Juve on loan, confirmed by Juve's director. He'll probably get a lot of playing time considering they don't have any true wingers in their team.

Back