Official Football Thread

Pochetino is a good coach though.

Barcelona logic - needs center backs BUY DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS AND PLAY THEM AS CENTER BACKS

Sad about Rickie Lambert signing for Liverpool, I liked him, now I'll have to hate him :( I wish him a good World Cup though, one of rare likeable players in England squad. What a story for him, during the last World Cup he was playing in League 1 and this year he'll play at World Cup and in the Champions League :D

Atletico and Southampton are being torn apart.

David Villa moving to New York City FC. Diego Costa, Thiago Mendes and Filipe Luis (and Courtois) all on the brink of Chelsea. Miranda and Koke close to the Manchester clubs. Diego moving to Fenerbahce.

Luke Shaw - Chelsea or Manchester United. Lallana, Lambert - Liverpool. Chambers, Schneiderlin - Arsenal. Clyne, Rodriguez - Tottenham. Ramirez - Torino.

Atlético will be fine. They have the best player development and team play coach in the world (along with Jürgen Klopp) and they'll have lots of money to spend. Not to mention their quality youngsters (Oliver Torres, Angel Correa). I do think however they should hang on to Koke for a while.

Southampton, on the other hand, lost their coach as well. Not looking so good.

Villa's transfer is official, so is Lambert's. Ciro Immobile from Torino, who was the top scorer this season in Serie A, signed for Borussia Dortmund, also official. Great match.

Some rumors say Mario Balotelli is likely headed back to Premier League, with Arsenal being the prime candidate.

Berlusconi said nothing's been decided about him, and it will be when they make a final decision on the coach for the next season.

Either way, I don't think Wenger+Balotelli is a good match, considering how problematic he can be, and they just got rid of Bendtner (although Balotelli is 1000 times better player). I don't think he'd fit their game either.

Brede Hangeland has been released from his contract with Fulham. Fair enough, he wasn't great this season. However, he has not had any talks with the club about his future, and they broke the news to him by e-mail! Way to treat your captain, Fulham!

Alex and Menez from PSG are coming to Milan. Alex already signed (official), Menez should too in the next few days.

Ronny Deila is the new Celtic manager. He has been the manager of the Norwegian club Strømsgodset, who won the league last year. His job there has been magnificient - the club had not been beyond mid-table obscurity since the late 70s. But Celtic is a whole different thing. The expectations there are huge - winning the league is taken as a given.

Unless the guy is a complete moron then they'll win the league. I doubt they'll make the Champions League group stages though.

Night Prowler, does this mean that none of your teams will be in Europe next season? :D

Back