Official Football Thread

I felt terrible at first but our club chairman said that Moyes' manager arranged the meeting and he's definitely not our first option.

Kaka left Milan for the second time :confused: IMO getting him back even for one year was worth it, he had a good season and his experience and leadership helped a lot. It's for the best, but I'm sad to see him leave. As a CAM, he wouldn't fit into 4-3-3 (which is Inzaghi's preferred formation), so it was expected that he'll leave.
Montolivo is out until the end of the calendar year and with Kaka gone, Milan is definitely gonna lack leadership (captain injured, vice-captain gone). I'd give the captaincy to El Shaarawy because he's Milan's best player, age doesn't matter.

The most bizarre transfer of the summer has occurred: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28106350

Ryan Gauld: Dundee United teenager joins Sporting Lisbon
Midfielder Ryan Gauld has completed his move to Sporting Lisbon from Dundee United for an undisclosed fee.

The Scotland Under-21 international, 18, has agreed a six-year contract with the Portuguese club, which includes a 60m euro (£48m) buy-out clause.

:scared:

Why is it bizarre? Portuguese teams are well-known for buying young talents so that they can sell them to Chelsea few years later for a lot of money :D

Galatasaray has agreed in terms with Cesare Prandelli. Another Italian manager, hopefully it'll be better than Roberto Mancini.

Lots of rumours suggesting that Chomper is moving to Barcelona within the next 2 days for 80 million or so. Stupid move if true. Messi is Barcelona's most important player and he plays the best when he's the center forward. So if Suarez arrives one of them will have to play out of position. It's like Ibra all over again. Suarez would fit much better in Real Madrid IMO.

Barcelona made it pretty clear that they're dropping tiki taka for a much more fast-paced passing game that doesn't have the free moving style of tiki taka. They sold Fabregas, Xavi is likely to leave and they signed Rakitic. I think they're gonna go for a 4 steady defenders, 3 steady midfielders with one acting as a defensive midfielder and three attackers, two of which roam around freely and controlling the attacks. Wing backs will support these free players by moving up and down the pitch and two of the center midfielders will apply pressure.

Messi played best as the center forward because as the False 9, he was the target and essence of every Barcelona attack. You can't play a False 9 at wing. Messi is a player that is capable of producing assists and goals from wing moving to the center with the ball. Actually, his strongest shots are ones that come from right wing and hit with a finesse shot to the opposite post with his left foot.

Suarez is a player that constantly moves around, unlike Ibrahimovic. Ibrahimovic didn't fit in because he's a steady player which has absolutely no value in a tiki taka system or a constant passing system.

If they do sign Suarez, I'd expect them to play like this (They desperately need a world class center back to play instead of Mascherano):

1033164_FC_Barcelona.jpg

I agree, however, that Suarez is a much better fit in Real.

I agree with everything you said.

It'd be suicidal to play one more season with Mascherano as a center back. If they have anyone with half a brain in their club, they'll buy a center back. Actually at least two of them.

I heard that they want to buy Cuadrado... to replace Alves. It'd be a waste if they played him as a full back, hopefully they won't buy him.

Alfredo Di Stefano has passed away

He was a player truly deserving of the label "legend". Scored more than 200 goals for Real Madrid and played throughout their five-year streak of consecutive European Cup wins.

His international career was an odd one: He was born in Argentina and first played for them. He later got a Spanish citizenship and played for Spain - but in between, he played four times for Colombia! Remarkably, he never played at the World Cup.

RIP.

Back