Official Football Thread

Based on how the last few La Liga rounds turned out, I think that Atletico decided to go all in to win the league whereas Real was resting for CL. Atletico just didn't have enough depth in their squad.

I agree and I think Atlético did the right thing. Not going all in for the league title and trying to keep things on balance could've cost them both titles.

I know; what a turnaround in the second leg for Hamilton, overcoming a two goal deficit & winning on penalties! The Championship is going to be pretty interesting next season...

Jorge Jesus, Benfica coach, is now the frontrunner for the Milan job :eek:

I still want Seedorf to stay, but if they decide to fire him, Jesus would be my choice (from all the rumoured coaches so far (Donadoni, Inzaghi, Montella, Prandelli, Emery)).

de-nada.jpg

Yesterday, Red Star won their first Serbian league title since 2007, ending Partizan's streak of 6 consecutive titles :D

This also means that Red Star has the most domestic trophies again, before they won this title, Partizan and Red Star both had 25 titles each.

Barcelona and PSG closing in for a swap Marquinhos for Dani Alves + money. Puzzled by PSG. Spent so much money on Marquinhos only to swap him for a 31 year old right back?

That just means PSG are going all in this year. Like I said before, rational thinking when it comes to PSG and money doesn't make sense.

Marquinhos would be a great move for Barça.

Cried, Hibs have been relegated! :eek:
I know; what a turnaround in the second leg for Hamilton, overcoming a two goal deficit & winning on penalties! The Championship is going to be pretty interesting next season...
See when you think about it @Black Wizard --if someone had said a few years back that Rangers (even though they're working their way up the divisions), Hearts & Hibs would all be in the Scottish 2nd tier (now the Championship), you'd have laughed heartily in their face. Incredible when you think about it.
Last season Glasgow giants Rangers and Edinburgh duo Hearts and Hibs were three of the five clubs with the highest average attendance in Scottish football, with Celtic and Aberdeen the other two.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27574189

Last edited:
Not confirmed, but respected sources say: Seedorf is sacked, Pippo Inzaghi is the new Milan coach :|

I hope Seedorf finds a job soon. He has a lot of potential. Maybe he could replace Frank de Boer in Ajax soon, 'cause there are many clubs interested in de Boer.

I love Pippo, but after the treatment that Seedorf got, I'm just scared we're gonna mistreat another club legend :( I know Maldini won't come back while Galliani is in the club, and I have a feeling that the bald bastard will stay until either him or Silvio Berlusconi die.

I agree and I think Atlético did the right thing. Not going all in for the league title and trying to keep things on balance could've cost them both titles.

And even so, it was so close, they were like 30 seconds into both titles. How ironic...

Actually they failed exactly where they shouldn't have. Everybody knows Sergio Ramos in corners. In the end they lost the European title because of one little big mistake: poor defensive marking.

The last opportunity.... that must have been terrible psychologically.

Now watching Norway play France. What a player Paul Pogba has become. Too bad he fell out with SAF and left United, right now he looks like just the type of player United's midfield was missing in the season that just finished.

Atlético acquired 19 year old Angel Correa from San Lorenzo for 10 million euros. Great move for them. I like his potential a lot.

Back