Official Football Thread

No slip-ups now.

JohnTerry_1285186a.jpg

Real are in no way the better team in this match. They just dictate the ball possession, they can't even get decent chances at goal.
They pretty much had the only chances (ignoring the goal) in normal time to speak of (a couple of Bale efforts), did they not? What chances did AM create in normal time? I can't think of one.
Playing the offensive side doesn't mean you're the better side, defensive side can be the ones that are playing better football.
Agreed.
Let me put it this way, I don't think the game is Atlético trying to contain Real attacks, but Real trying to find gaps in Atlético defense. .
Agreed. AM really looked like they were playing within themselves, for most of the match. I just think they've paid the price for sitting solid with only a one goal advantage.
Superior side is the defensive one.
Disagreed! :D
Don't think Real are letting this slip now, but you never know.
Penalties is always fun to watch for the neutral...

Not a surprise, inevitable when you concede a goal in additional time. Hopefully Atlético can get one.

Aaaand Marcelo ends it.

Ronaldo is one egomaniac. Celebrating his goal as if he had won the final singlehandedly. Even if he was probably the worse of RM's attackers throughout the 120 minutes.

Stopped watching after Marcelo's goal...

Good for Ancelotti, he deserves it. Rest of RM can go fuck themselves :P

I'm %100 sure that the ref gave that penalty just so that Ronaldo could score. Wouldn't have been a penalty if the game wasn't decided.

After extra time I can do nothing but agree. RM were the better team from 60 minutes on. A draw after full time was fair, and in extra time AM were done.

What does it matter then? AM did bugger all the whole game & RM scored four. The best team (on the night) won.

Why are you so defensive? It matters because it was stupid. Stop the "You defend Atlético no matter what, you're wrong" act. Real deserved to win, only a fool can say otherwise and what I said featured nothing contrary to that.

You literally said the same thing as I did as well.

and why not just throw Ronaldo a penalty too...

Last edited:
Fucking hell, am I watching a Scottish first division match or something? What kind of goal was that?
Very similar to the first goal in the Scottish Cup Final. :( And the goal that Motherwell scored in stoppage time against Aberdeen to finish second.

This sums up the match from Atletico's perspective:

freddie-mercury-so-close-pose1.jpg

They've had an amazing season, their best ever in fact. They'll obviously be gutted about what happened tonight and some of the squad might not get another chance. Dave Villa has already won it though so he'll be fine. Diego Costa is probably moving to Chelsea so he can look forward to infinite semi-finals from now on.

I think it was a penalty, he was clearly touched.

Ancelotti is only the second coach in history winning 3 European Cups, just to see how hard is this competition.

Back