Official Football Thread

Well, Atletico's defending is certainly from a higher level than Scottish first division ... immense. Real bloody Madrid have not created a single clear cut scoring opportunity in 45 minutes.

Well, Atletico's defending is certainly from a higher level than Scottish first division ... immense. Real bloody Madrid have not created a single clear cut scoring opportunity in 45 minutes.

Gareth Bale did have one chance but he blew it.

I thought that was a pretty dull first half.

Maybe not offensively, but from a tenacity and passion standpoint, it was a great first half.

Atlético only recently started parking the bus. Applying constant high octane pressure and getting out of presses by high quality passing is not parking the bus.

It wasn't a reply to you, just a general statement. Do they really need to do anything else? Real haven't done much either, they're significantly worse than Atlético so far.

It wasn't a reply to you, just a general statement. Do they really need to do anything else?
No. I'm just saying they were gifted a goal & haven't done much else. The first half was pretty even; but RM have been the better team in the second half. As it stands, as I see it (not that it matters), the better team are loosing. That's all I'm saying.

Real are in no way the better team in this match. They just dictate the ball possession, they can't even get decent chances at goal. Playing the offensive side doesn't mean you're the better side, defensive side can be the ones that are playing better football.

Let me put it this way, I don't think the game is Atlético trying to contain Real attacks, but Real trying to find gaps in Atlético defense. Superior side is the defensive one.

Back