Official Football Thread

Totally agree. Legally, certainly from a Scottish legal perspective, it ain't the same entity. But as a football fan, surely if UEFA & FIFA say it's the same club, you'd have to view it as such?

Yes. New Rangers have the same fans who sing the same songs, wear the same colours, wave the same flags and the club plays at the same stadium. In that respect you could argue that they're the same club. However, the original company was liquidated and a new company bought the assets. I don't think that makes it the same club though because it's a completely different company in the same way that the current incarnation of Airdrieonians (formerly Airdrie United) isn't the same club as the original Airdrieonians. I'm not solely discriminating against Rangers for imploding, it's just more fun to point out that they died. :D

Anyway, how do you see tomorrow going?

Yes. New Rangers have the same fans who sing the same songs, wear the same colours, wave the same flags and the club plays at the same stadium. In that respect you could argue that they're the same club. However, the original company was liquidated and a new company bought the assets. I don't think that makes it the same club though because it's a completely different company in the same way that the current incarnation of Airdrieonians (formerly Airdrie United) isn't the same club as the original Airdrieonians.
I understand this argument, but this seems to be a very Scottish view of things. And, as I said, based it would seem on the legality of the situation. It doesn't seem very simpathetic to the football perspective. Anyway...

I'd guess United are favourites but haven't watched a great deal of top tier foootball this season; so have no idea what form either are in.

Missing top flight football Cried? Next season might be a tough one!

You should watch the match tomorrow. It's way bigger than the FA Cup Final or the climax to the Spanish chokers league.

wenger_facepalm_500.jpeg

Both Arda Turan and Diego Costa off injured after only 22 minutes :( Go Atletico! It'd be a real shame if Farca won the league after such shit performances lately.

Missing top flight football Cried? Next season might be a tough one!
Not really. I don't watch a great deal of football, to be honest. It will be quite a challenge to get out of the old first though.
You should watch the match tomorrow. It's way bigger than the FA Cup Final or the climax to the Spanish chokers league.
I was working. Apparently some wee diddy team from Perth won though! :lol:
_74929324_saints_fans.jpg

Back