Official Football Thread

Not as local as the other guys. I became a fan because of my father and his time in Istanbul. He used to attend nearly all games and has autographs of several Galatasaray players from late 80s-early 90s. My grandfather who passed away before my time, used to join last second trips to Istanbul to watch them play. I pretty much grew up watching Galatasaray.

What is "local" in this topic here? How many kilometers from the home stadium counts? ;-)

Well, I live 90 km from where my Norwegian club plays, but I grew up 10 km from the stadium. I was a regular match-goer from I got a driver's license until I moved away from home (to Trondheim, 600 km away), then again the last couple of years since moving to Oslo.

I've seen a lot over these last 14 years. From the club being a has-been lingering in the 2nd division, to a return to top-flight football, also winning the cup in 2006, to years of trouble, relegation, promotion and new relegation. Currently the club is struggling in the 1st division (which is the 2nd tier in Norway) - promotion this year seems unlikely, but only 7 games have been played.

Bns6sRICIAAKID5.jpg

As far as local team goes, I was born 15 km away from the stadium. Always lived in a 10/15 km radius from it until 2006 when I moved to Belgium. I still went at least to games each seasons; I bought a season ticket this year and traveled 150km for each games.
Been to the stadium the 1st time when I was 10 with my father when they were in the 2nd division, they got promoted 2 years after and I got hooked massively.

Today is the D-Day. All we need is to draw the last of the division on their pitch (they play slightly better wince they know they are relegated to 3rd tier and lose their professional status).
Several scenario's
We win : promoted
We draw and Nancy does not win by more than 7 goals : promoted
We lose and Nancy does not win : Promoted
We lose and Nancy wins : stay in 2nd division and get massive financial troubles :(

Carles Puyol has retired from football. Good that he ended up being a one club man instead of playing in USA or something.

upload_2014-5-16_19-51-13.jpeg

Won one European Cup, two UEFA Cups and one Intercontinental Cup. Basically, it kicks the ass of all your local clubs. :D

Last edited:
The Turkish Football Federation has made the foreign player restrictions ever harsher. Only 5 foreigners can be on the field now. Fucking hell.

Big today tomorrow.

But what has your club achieved Cried?

Scottish Third Division Champions 2012-2013
Scottish Second Division Champions 2013-2014
Ramsdens Challenge Cup Runners-Up 2013-2014

I guess that's pretty impressive for a club that's only 2 years old. :D
Yip, you said it. And how many league titles have Dundee United won? Hmm, let's see: one in the 80's & a couple in the 1920's. Well, I guess that's something for a club, that's over a 100 years, to really brag about! :innocent:

Also, c'mon: undeafeated in the league all season. Truly impressive! :p

Incidentally, why do keep going on about the "not the same" club nonsense?; other than it being amusing to take the piss, obviously. UEFA, FIFA & the ECA (European Club Association) all recognise that Rangers F. C. still exist --& the current club retains that history. The only people, when you read around, saying otherwise are various Scottish fans/public/media. I don't have a problem with arguments either way; but UEFA & FIFA's stance is pretty much final, is it not?

Back