Official Football Thread

Indeed, I loved that season. Victory in Paris with a goal from François Omam-Biyik (WC 90 hero)

damn, I'm so concerned for tomorrow's match...

Hopefully all goes well, BlastBeast. Your main rival is my favorite team in France (Lille OSC) but I'd like to see RC Lens back to its glory days.

Local team supporter, so much unlike all the glory-hunting big team supporters. You're now @Black Wizard 's best friend.

Hey now, I'm a local team supporter around here as well. My fandom of Galatasaray comes from my father and both grandfathers, who all used to live in Istanbul for quite some time.

I never understood what's so loveable about LOSC, but yeah... :D
I love rivalries in football!
Apart from Lens, I kinda like The Glasgow Rangers, Man Utd and I usually follow small leagues such as J-League, A-League or MLS.

I'm french so I'm routing for my own national team, and as I live in Belgium since 2006 I'm really fed up with the Rode Duivels.
I first checked them out and they were lower than trash for the press following a 0-0 against Kazakhstan, and now that they win thye are the n°1 conversation topic everywhere (TV, Radio...). Same mistake as we frenchies did in 2002 as far as I'm concerned.

Hey now, I'm a local team supporter around here as well. My fandom of Galatasaray comes from my father and both grandfathers, who all used to live in Istanbul for quite some time.

So am I, but nobody cares about my local team on the forum, so I don't talk about it.

Red Star is on the brink of winning their first title since 2007, thus finishing Partizan's streak of 6 titles. The decisive match (round 29 of 30) for Red Star was supposed to be played today, they needed one victory in the last 2 rounds to win the title. However, all matches are delayed for Sunday, or until the rain/floods stop.

Against Bayern Munich if I remember well.
edit:
Ah no that was the semi-final. Apparently a more memorable match than the final. ;)

Levski played in the Europa League quarterfinals in 2005/2006. -_- And we played in the Champions League groups once, with Chelsea, Barcelona and Werder.

My local team has a 100% record against Barcelona (and the new Rangers) and reached the European Cup semi-finals and UEFA Cup finals in the 80s.

I actually meant relevant in their state of today, but whatever.

Levski played in the Europa League quarterfinals in 2005/2006. -_- And we played in the Champions League groups once, with Chelsea, Barcelona and Werder.

I remember that group stage, your goalkeeper conceded a stupid goal.

I live 6 km away from Levski's stadium and 4km away from the National Stadium where they play, while their own stadium is being renovated.

Back