Official Football Thread

I'm really looking forward to it, although I think City have more options in attack and will feel the absence of Agüero less than United will suffer from Van Persie's absence. However, as you say - Demichelis has been a liability lately and United can take advantage. I think both teams will score. My first trip to Old Trafford saw a dramatic 3-2 win (against Aston Villa) - I wouldn't say no thanks to anther one!

Arsenal have to win the FA cup. If they get fourth and no trophies, they have once again failed to do more than OK, in a season where they started with a proper big signing. Of course, fourth place in itself is important, and Wenger have said it's almost like a trophy, but I know that this attitude doesn't sit well with many Arsenal fans.

Now that the title race seems to be turning into a three horse race, I hope Chelsea win it. The lesser evil and all that ...

Barcelona just beat Real Madrid 4-3 at the Bernabeu in a match with three penalties.

Oh, and Sergio Ramos got sent off for the nineteenth time in his career, but that was guaranteed though wasn't it?

Much drama. Wow.

Nightmare of a week. Galatasaray got eliminated in the Champions League then lost to the last placed team in the league at home with a last minute goal, Fenerbahçe won their match easily and now have a 11 point cushion at the lead with 9 weeks to go, and Arsenal got crushed by Chelsea.

Bayern Munich's gonna win the league tonight. I'd just play the B-team till the end of the league and save the best players for CL. In Bayern's case, their B-team will probably beat all other German teams anyway :P

I love Bayern's domination. I disliked Barça's domination couple of years ago but Bayern always seem to play high octane offense and defense and never take their foot off the gas. Barça made the games boring to watch when they were winning everything.

Back