Official Football Thread

Liverpool can win the league if they win every match now. Chelsea curely can't win the title now. Even after tipping them all season long I can't see it happening now. Mourinho has come out and said it's all over now but I think he's doing what Mancini did do perfectly two years ago.

Liverpool still have to play against Chelsea and Al-City. Also, they are playing away to Crystal Palace and West Ham which will also be very tough matches.

Al-City are now the favorite to win it (and I hope it happens).

City has 8 more matches to play, Liverpool has 6. I'm still betting on City. Match between them might decide who wins the league. There's still a chance for Chelsea though. Mourinho is saying that their title race is over, but Mancini said the same when City was 8 points below United and we all know what happened.

Liverpool can win the league if they win every match now.
Nope. Depends on City's results. If City wins all their remaining games they win the title no matter what the other teams do.

Wrong. If Liverpool win all of their six remaining matches then they'll end the season on 89 points. If Manchester City win 7 of their 8 remaining matches (the other game being a loss to Liverpool) then they'll end the season on 88 points.

Lawyered.

I read this tweet about Tim Sherwood: "Rumours tim sherwood has been sacked for punching a player. Soldado threw one back and missed"

Alright. I made a mistake :P If both win all their remaining matches and match between them ends in a draw, then City wins the title. But I just don't think Liverpool can beat both Chelsea and City.

Not known who he punched at the moment. I think that their biggest mistake was letting Redknapp go.

It might just be a Twitter rumour to be honest. I don't think Harry Redknapp is all that. He's tactically a neanderthal and can't even get QPR promoted.

At least he's better than AVB and Sherwood, and managed to get them to the 4th place twice (though 2nd time was futile thanks to Chelsea's CL win).

"We can't sack Tim Sherwood, he's the only one who knows where Erik Lamela is buried" :D

I think AVB could have done well if he'd been given a sufficient amount of time and control of transfers. However, his crap tactics this season ultimately led to his sacking so he can't complain. You can't argue with what he achieved at Porto though. His biggest mistake was leaving them too early.

Seems like the Sherwood rumor was false.

But him deciding to watch the games from the stands is the stupidest thing a manager can do. He's getting sacked at the end of the season for sure.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26812686

A Swedish fan was killed by hooligans before a league game (between Helsingborg and Djurgården) this weekend ... according to papers, the victim himself was not involved in any sort of firm and was a random victim. He was hit in the head with a bottle and then kicked repeatedly whilst down. Died in the hospital a little later.

The subsequent game had to be called off before half time when news of the death reached the away fans in the stadium and they stormed the pitch.

We Norwegians have a tendency to repeat our neighbours' failures. Let's hope we don't follow them down this particular road ... hooliganism is a marginal phenomenon in Norway and I want it to stay that way.

I thought that hooliganism was a thing of the 80s.

In the UK, yes. In Sweden, like in several countries in Eastern Europe - evidently not.

Looking forward to tonight @Dr. Eddies Wingman ?

Mixed feelings. With United's performances in recent games against top opposition I don't expect a win, but the way this season has gone, it's a "nothing to lose" scenario. Bayern go to the semis, everyone says it's just as expected. United through to the semis, jelly and ice cream.

Even when you leave form issues aside, from a logical standpoint Bayern have the edge because of the huge difference in quality in midfield and ball possession. Football isn't played on paper, however.

Back