Official Football Thread

Crystal Palace's manager getting his ass kicked in Malaysia:

a75NBZr_460s.jpg

Today's betting tip: Put your money on the match between West Brom and Man Utd to end 1-1. West Brom have no less than seven 1-1 draws at home this season, including their last four home games. Those four include games against both good teams (Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton) and bottom-placed Fulham. They've also drawn 1-1 with Arsenal twice this season, one being in the League Cup.

Betting tip: never take a tip from Wingman. Luckily I didn't.

The Arsenal-Everton match was good and Ozil played well for the first time in months. The final score was a bit harsh on Everton though.

They were down 0-1, they tied it at the half. It seemed to be anyone's game until 63rd minute, then Bayern happened. Ended 6-1.

Nice dive by Eto'o in the match between Chelsea and Tottenham. Good end result for him, too - penalty and a Spurs player sent off.

I hate this. I hate it when United players do it and I hate it now. I want retrospective bans for diving ASAP.If that means United will be missing Ashley Young a few games a year ...

... I'm fine with that, too :D He's played one good game all season!

No dive eto'all. :nonono:

I beg you pardon??? There may have been contact between them, but that was all on Eto'os account. In other words, Eto'o didn't go down because Kaboul made him. He flung himself at Kaboul and went down. You'd be lambasting any opposition player for doing that.

This reeks of "inb4BlackWizard". :D

Feel free to think so, but honestly - that Young dive against QPR two seasons ago still makes me blush of embarassment. The worst thing is, I don't believe for a second that footballers are soft - as followers of rugby, American football and hockey say. They go down easily because they can get an advantage, and because the culture among professional players in most of the world is that it's OK. Thus, the only way to get rid of it is retrospective bans.

I beg you pardon??? There may have been contact between them, but that was all on Eto'os account. In other words, Eto'o didn't go down because Kaboul made him. He flung himself at Kaboul and went down. You'd be lambasting any opposition player for doing that.
I don't do lambasting. <_<

Anyways, I have to say I don't approve of dives in general but I realise they are a part of the game. Some people are more prone to using such methods to gain advantage but it's not really their fault that referees can't spot the difference.

Back