Official Football Thread

Living close to Bradford, I can confirm that was indeed the case.

Damn match is on Sky so I won't see it, sadly. I've got some lurgy illness thing and don't fancy the ten minute walk down to Wetherspoons.

I hate it when they go all timid and defensive. Sunderland have had this habit for decades, through a good many managers - being bold and solid one minute, and falling apart when they lose confidence and attempt to play it safe.

That last one was so predictable. I hope we learn from this and apply what worked well in the first half to the league. I'd rather we stayed out of Europe, tbh. Sunderland always needs to focus on the league because we're rarely safe from the relegation zone.

There's still the FA Cup! If Sunderland stay up and are in Europe next season they'll definitely get relegated and if they don't stay up and are in Europe then they won't get promoted next season. Still, winning a cup would lead to Europe and for a club that never wind anything relegation is surely worth it.

I don't look at it that way. If you're relegated there's a risk of the money drying up long term, unless a wealthy benefactor or major sponsor comes along. Clubs like Leeds spring to mind. I don't think places like Sunderland appeal to big money investors.

Back