Official Football Thread

tumblr_inline_mstosifnwc1qz4rgp.gif

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

spiderman_crying.gif

tumblr_mg9yc0rTvh1qjccmko1_500.gif

Silly Chelsea. They get beat by Aston Villa and get two men sent off. Roman Abramovich's assets will probably be frozen tomorrow as well.

To be fair on them - the second yellow for Willian's sending off was pretty soft. If I were the ref I'd probably not have given it. Still, silly of him to get involved in that kind of duel when he was already on a yellow. Ramires's red card was well deserved, though.

I'm a bit divided in my feelings about this title run-in. I really, really don't like Chelsea, but in a title race between them, Man City and Liverpool I'd say Chelsea are the lesser evil. Out of the top four I'd prefer Arsenal to win it, but right now I can't see them finishing on top.

Yeah, especially for the self-proclaimed best league in the world. :P I still think Manchester United will turn things around against Olympiakos though.

Some big matches today: Manchester United are at home to Liverpool and Tottenham are at home to Arsenal. However, the biggest match on today is the Scottish League Cup Final between Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle which I'm sure you'll all be watching despite never having heard of either club. It's Aberdeen first final in God knows how long and they certainly haven't won anything for about twenty years. This is also Inverness' first ever major final.

However, the biggest match on today is the Scottish League Cup Final between Aberdeen and Inverness Caledonian Thistle which I'm sure you'll all be watching despite never having heard of either club. It's Aberdeen first final in God knows how long and they certainly haven't won anything for about twenty years. This is also Inverness' first ever major final.
Aberdeen's last cup final appearance was in the 2000 Scottish Cup final; they lost in the final 4-0 to Rangers.
They were also in the League Cup Final in 2000 (played earlier in the year); they lost in the final 2-0 to Celtic.
Last cup won: League Cup in 1995; they beat Dundee 2-0.

I've heard of Aberdeen...
... & know how to use Wiki! :p

Speaking of diving ... hello Sturridge. Well done for conning the referee into sending off Vidic.

Crap performance by Man Utd. Ref made it worse by overlooking two penalty calls (against Johnson and Mignolet). I consider shooting myself.

You don't like this season? A huge understatement? :)

Hmm look at where they stand in the Serie A. This season is their worst since 1982!
As you know I had the chance to fully "enjoy" their "qualities" and I am not surprised, not at all.

And Man U? Worst since 1989?

Last edited:
Back