Official Football Thread

Milan... leading 2-0 after 13 minutes against Sassuolo who is 18th in Serie A. Then Berardi, 19 year old winger who's in Sassuolo on loan from Juventus scores 4 goals from 15. to 47. minute. Montolivo scores one but not enough for a draw. Good news is, goddamn fucking son of a bitch Allegri is probably getting fired tomorrow:

-Milan will release an official statement tomorrow about Allegri.
-Barbara Berlusconi: "Milan delivered an absolutely unacceptable performance tonight."
-Barbara Berlusconi: "It's necessary and urgent that we make a change. We can't tolerate that our fans watch these unacceptable performances"

Allegri has been fired. January 13, glorious day. Agony is over. Thank Barlow for this :edmetal::shred::rocker::nana::yey:

Long time assistant coach Mauro Tassotti will take over for the time being. Allegri's out! OUT!:applause::nana::applause::nana::edmetal:

Clarence Seedorf is probably taking over in a couple of days :applause:

Cristiano wins Ballon D'Or. IMO it should've gone to Ribbery or some other Bayern player. Cristiano didn't win shit this year.

Cristiano wins Ballon D'Or. IMO it should've gone to Ribbery or some other Bayern player. Cristiano didn't win shit this year.

He didn't, but the Ballon D'Or is an individual prize in a team sport. With Messi having had an injury-ridden year, I'd say it is deserved that C. Ronaldo wins it. He has, as an individual, performed better than Ribery.

Ronaldo and Ribery both deserved to win. But as an individual, Ronaldo was head and shoulders ahead of everyone else this year.

However it was ridiculous that Ribery was placed 3rd, instead of Messi.

I heard it's a false rumor. I hope Vidic stays in Manchester United, it's not late.

@Forostar:
You might be interested in hearing that the Dutch will take over most of coaching positions in Milan for next season. Should be like this:
Clarence Seedorf - head coach
Jaap Stam - coaching defenders
Edgar Davids - coaching midfielders
Patrick Kluivert and Hernan Crespo - coaching strikers

I was gonna talk about that before, forgot about it. Hopefully it happens, we need a leader in our defense. Our midfielders and strikers are capable enough to compete for a UCL quarter final year in and year out but our defense is horrible. With Fatih Terim we were simply desperate, we're significantly better with Roberto Mancini, though.

We're bringing in a new left back in this transfer window, a 20 year old Brazilian called Alex Telles. I'm interested in what he brings to the table.

@Forostar:
You might be interested in hearing that the Dutch will take over most of coaching positions in Milan for next season. Should be like this:
Clarence Seedorf - head coach
Jaap Stam - coaching defenders
Edgar Davids - coaching midfielders
Patrick Kluivert and Hernan Crespo - coaching strikers
Holy shit. I hadn't expected that he'd take all these guys with him. Well, I never gave it a thought but it is not that unusual that he takes some former football mates with him. He played with all of them, and all these guys also have played for Milan.

We don't know much of Seedorf as a coach but he's very good with people and his history with Milan should do him good.

Arsenal won again. I saw who we play the month of February and :scared:

Just read the Seedorf will be Milan's new manager. Great player always like him despite him playing in teams I dislike (Milan,real Madrid) nothing but respect for the legend

Last edited:
Wasn't it already once earlier this season?

Also, I hate that penalties are given in situations like the one where Liverpool equalized against Villa yesterday. The slightest touch from the keeper - striker goes down - and it's given more often than not. I hate it. It gives strikers the incentive to seek contact with the goalkeeper.

Also, I hate that some pundits seem to think that contact <--> penalty in those situations, while accepting all the holding that goes on whenever there's a corner or a free kick around the box.

Directly into the trenches, eh?

Of course they have. That's besides my point. I wouldn't complain if a United player was denied a penalty in such a situation, unless the other team got one in a similar situation in the same match. My point is that I don't think such situations should give penalties at all. Only if the keeper actually takes the player down (which was certainly not the case yesterday). It's one of the annoying things that are far too common in football these days.

One of the few sensible things that Tony Mowbray said when he was Celtic manager was "When someone goes down in the penalty area it doesn't always have to be a penalty or a dive". I think Suarez dived yesterday though. If there was contact then it surely wasn't enough to have sent him down like that.

One of the few sensible things that Tony Mowbray said when he was Celtic manager was "When someone goes down in the penalty area it doesn't always have to be a penalty or a dive".

Obviously true. Players can go down after a fair challenge, or just lose their balance. Too many so-called "experts" seem to miss this point though. It seems their work instruction is to stir up controversy where none exists.

Didn't expect much from this game anyway. Man Utd's defeats don't hurt as much as Milan's, so w/e :P

Seedorf's debut tonight :shred:

Back