Official Football Thread

Theo Walcott out for the rest of the season and won't go to World Cup. Arsenal has only one healthy striker now - Podolski.

Who's not that "healthy" himself.

Walcott starts carrying the team and gets injured again. We perform well for a change and we're out of strikers. Fucking hell.

Also:

Arsenal's fixtures from February 8th to April 5th:

Liverpool A
Manchester United H
Bayern H
Bayern A
Tottenham A
Chelsea A
Manchester City H
Everton A

If they are still in CL and 1st in the League at the end of this run...

Theo Walcott won't go to World Cup.
:applause::clap: I'm disappointed for Arsenal that he'll be out for the rest of the reason but I have no sympathy for England. :D

Also:

Arsenal's fixtures from February 8th to April 5th:

Liverpool A
Manchester United H
Bayern H
Bayern A
Tottenham A
Chelsea A
Manchester City H
Everton A

If they are still in CL and 1st in the League at the end of this run...
Ouch. Manchester City have a load of tough away matches coming up as well: Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and Manchester United.

Moyes is starting to remind me of Allegri...

EDIT: Who's (THANK BARLOW) finally leaving Milan at the end of the season. He confirmed it, Galliani confirmed it.

Night Prowler, did you expect David Moyes, who has never won anything before, to replace Alex Ferguson, who won everything, and immediately be successful?

Ferguson couldn't win anything in his first three years at United either. David Moyes is a good manager (unlike Allegri), give him time.

I'm starting to think that the psychological reaction to Ferguson retiring (the reaction the entire club, but most visibly of course the players) is to blame for the poor results. I wonder if there exists a manager in the world who could have taken his position and done really well from day 1, but I don't think so.

This season was always going to be difficult. I just hope it turns in time for United to salvage 4th.

I don't think anyone could have taken over and been successful immediately and been a viable long-term option. Jose Mourinho might have done a better job than David Moyes so far this season but Manchester United have always brought through young players while Mourinho's record at bringing through young players is non-existant.

Back